notifications sounds for email and text

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by firedogut, Sep 10, 2009.

1. firedogut macrumors regular

From all the searching I have done I thinking figured out that you can't adjust the volume or tone for notifications ( email, txt,..et ). Am I correct about this?

I do not want to jailbreak the phone.

If it is true I say we all email apple saying thisis a feature that is a must. I keep missing emails and txt cause I can't here the tones is public.

I hope i'm just ovelooking this feature

2. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

Not sure what you mean by tone, but if you mean can you change the sounds played when you get a new text then yes, under Settings->Sounds

3. firedogut thread starter macrumors regular

tone=sound

with the text msg sounds i can only choose from the 6 listed?

i would really like to change the new mail, and new voice mail sounds.

i would love to hear the tri tone sound when i got a new e-mail or something i custom made

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

You can only do this if you jailbreak. Unfortunately since you don't want to jailbreak, you are SOL. :)

5. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Yeah this has been a complaint of us Non-Jailbreakers for a while, I was hoping that since Apple decided to start selling pre-made ringtones that MAYBE this had some bearing on the lack of notification sounds...

6. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

The volume of the preset sound for mail notification does change. I just tested it with my own iPhone.

7. firedogut thread starter macrumors regular

How? Where do you change this

8. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Go to Settings --> Sounds. Move the slider right below "Vibrate." It controls the volume of all system sounds (except for the keyboard click sound with 3.1).