Notifications sync between OS X and iOS

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iRock1, Nov 12, 2013.

1. iRock1 macrumors 6502a

iRock1

I might be high, but I'm sure that during one of the first demos of Mavericks I saw something like notifications synchronization between OS X and iOS, so for example if I received some news in the notification center in my iPhone, I would see it in the NC in Mavericks.

Is there such a thing?

2. Waxweazle macrumors newbie

Waxweazle

I thought the exact same thing...
    I thought notifications from your phone would pop up on your Macbook as well, but haven't seen A SINGLE ONE pop up so far..

3. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Glad to see that at least that feature was shown indeed.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. I also thought that same demo mentioned that acknowledging the notification on one device would clear it on the others as well, something that I'd LOVE to see.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I agree!!!!

6. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Yup. As a matter of fact that was the main reason why I upgraded to Mavericks. All the rest of features is so... Meh.

7. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Even have read mails arent syncing between mavericks and iOS. For example if i have read mail on my mac, i still get new mail notification on my iPhone, so annoying

8. gamesetmatch macrumors regular

gamesetmatch

I couldn't agree more.

This was one of the main new features I was expecting for when I decided to install Mavericks.

The e-mail and iMessages notification system between iOS7 and Mavericks is a mess. Maybe it'll be fixed in the forthcoming 10.9.1 update.

All the best,

^MPY.

9. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

This feature has been misunderstood.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4415218/os-x-mavericks-mobile-notifications-and-quick-replies

If you watch the video, listen at the end, he says you can get those same notification on your Mac whether Safari is running or not....

Obviously he is talking about websites sending notifications through Safari, a feature which is live. He never mentions dismissing on your Mac and the notification being dismissed on your iOS device.

10. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Yes I remember that as well and it was a feature I was really looking forward to.

11. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

I think you are referring to a different thing.