notifications

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steve30b, Sep 3, 2012.

1. steve30b macrumors newbie

i have a brand new mac book pro with the latest operating system, where do i find the notification settings ?. when i point to the far top right in the screen there is nothing there, i have looked in the system settings to find the notifications icon but its not there. how do i find out if its been installed ?.

2. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Notifications comes with Mountain Lion OSX, if you swipe two fingers to the left or right, forgot which one it should come up, and the settings for it should be in the system preferences being called Notifications.

3. steve30b thread starter macrumors newbie

i have mountain lion installed but there is nothing in the system preferences for the notifications. :confused::confused:

4. Bilalo macrumors 6502

:confused::confused::( Thats like not possible... Try going to the app store, see if you could get it from there...

Do you have the other apps such as reminders, messages etc? Does everything else work? Facebook integration etc?

Just doesnt make sense, sorry cant help more than that...

You sure ML is installed and not just bought without being installed?

5. SchuettS macrumors 6502

You start w your fingers placed just off the trackpad to the right then swipe to the left continuing over the trackpad. That sounds confusing, hopefully that helps.

6. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Go to the Apple menu (top left of the screen) and click "About This Mac".

The window that pops up should show the OSX version number that you're on. 10.7.X means Lion, 10.8.X means Mountain Lion.

8. steve30b thread starter macrumors newbie

checked and my version is 10.7.4. what is the difference ?.

9. Oofie macrumors regular

Notifications only come with Mountain Lion (10.8).

10. xAgustinx macrumors regular

xAgustinx

11. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Then you haven't actually upgraded to Mountain Lion yet.

12. steve30b thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all your help, it says on apple web site if i had bought my macbook pro on or before 26-7-12. i could claim a free upgrade to mountain lion, i purchased mine on the 16-7-12. so no free upgrade, i have had to purchase the mountain lion at £13.99, its just downloading now.

13. Stetrain macrumors 68040

You should qualify for the free upgrade. I think the up-to-date program actually started on June 11, so try registering for it. If you qualify you might be able to get a refund by calling Apple.

14. steve30b thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks again for the info, i have just completed the form on the apple site and they are going to send me a app code for the free download, now the problem is trying to get the £13.99 back i payed.:confused:

----------

my macbook pro now has the mountainlion instaled and the notification icon is in the top right corner (happy now :) )