Notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tom504, Apr 8, 2016.

1. tom504 macrumors regular

tom504

just got my watch. It appears that if I have my iPad on trying to test email and texted that is not going to work as I have an active device. Is that correct? I have my email set to manual fetch mode, this means no email notifications unless I go into the iPhone, refresh and turn off the phone?

Just different from android wear, getting use to it.

2. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Watch works with the iPhone not the iPad. As for setting, you go to the Watch app on the iPhone and set all your watch notification rules there. You can set how you want to get notifications- mirror the iPhone or only on Watch etc.

3. tom504 thread starter macrumors regular

tom504

I am sorry, I have done all that already. Was researching notification issues and with messaging I have the same account tied to all three devices and wanted to confirm I am wasting my time testing messaging from the iPad.

4. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

I have four devices connected to my apple acct
    IPad
    IPod touch
    Watch
    Iphone
    The watch is only linked to the phone, so if I'm my iPad and an email comes through the on my iPad I will also get a notification on my watch and text messages also

5. tom504 thread starter macrumors regular

tom504

that's not working for me. I read numerous messages that said the only way to hit both devices at the same time is to disable the raise arm functionality.

6. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

There's a little latency between devices sometimes but generally notifications come to all devices within 1 minute of each other. When I'm on my Mac or iPad, I also get the notifications on my watch.

If the watch isn't getting the notifications, you may have to look at notification settings for both watch and phone. If your settings are correct, you may need to unpair and repair the watch. If you go that route, I also suggest rebooting the watch between unpairing and repairing.

7. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

Also look at the mail setting, you stated you have it setup as fetch manually, change it to push or fetch hourly on both the iPad and phone and watch to mirror phone

8. tom504 thread starter macrumors regular

tom504

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I get notifications on all my devices. Two Macs, two iPads and iPhone/watch nearly simultaneously and I've not turned off wrist-raise. Just works.

But - realize that if your iPhone's screen is on, your watch won't receive the notification. If your iPhone screen is on, then it presumes your using your phone so no need to send to your wrist. If the iPhone screen is off, the notifications will go to the watch.