Notified Pro + NotificationGriP + Lockinfo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MBHockey, Feb 26, 2011.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Is anyone else using these to basically replace the broken iOS notification system?

I really like the setup except for one thing -- the redundancy of notifications on my lock screen. I have turned off the Springboard and Lockscreen notifications from within Notified Pro so that the notifications come through NotificationGriP. The problem is that I don't want the NotificationGriP notifications showing up on my lockscreen (this is what Lockinfo's for -- i only want to see the notificationgrip notifications when I'm actively using my phone). When I turn off "Show on Lockscreen" from within NotificationGriP i my phone no longer wakes from sleep when I get new texts (like it would if i was just running lockinfo). So it's either my phone doesn't wake on a new SMS or i get both Lockinfo and notificationgrip giving me a notification each for the same new text message.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Using Lockinfo for the lockscreen and only using NotificationGriP for pop up notifications while i'm actively using my phone? I just don't like the redundancy of the grip notifications on my lockscreen in addition to the lockinfo notifications.

2. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

you could just set up your notificationgrip to display and be removed in the least time possible...so your phone will still wakes and show the notification but it will disappear quickly so as not get in the way of your lockinfo

3. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Just an FYI if anyone is interested -- I upgraded to the latest Lockinfo 3.0 beta (was running latest stable version of 2.x) and it has corrected the problem. Now even when I have NotificationGriP set to not show up on the lockscreen the phone still wakes up with new notifications and they only show up in Lockinfo. Perfect.

4. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I've only recently jailbroken my Verizon iPhone and have been using Lockinfo, which is great. I'm not familiar with the other two, so could you please explain how they enhance what Lockinfo already does?

Thanks!

5. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

They all have to do with changing the way the iPhone handles notifications, something it has been terrible at since its inception. I use lockinfo for a concise summary of notifications on my lockscreen, and i use the other two for unobtrusive notifications while i'm using my phone. The standard pop-up notification as i'm sure you're aware of is that translucent blue box that you must interact with before it will leave you alone. NotificationGriP along with Notified Pro replaces that popup with a smaller, better looking, and less obtrusive bezel that doesn't interrupt whatever you are doing (Notified Pro does more than this but this is all I use it for.)

6. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Anyone have a video of these working together? I don't want to buy them to not like it/use it. Thanks

7. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the explanation! Have you given the new MobileNotifier a try yet? I'm wondering how it compares to the combination you described? I think it's still in beta yet, so it presumably has some bugs and lack of features.

8. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

You guys all know what Lockinfo looks like right? Here's a quick video I found of Notified Pro working with NotificationGriP. This is the new kind of notification pop up you receive. I have these only showing up when my phone is unlocked and have Lockinfo managing the lockscreen notifications. I like it because if you're in the middle of a game these notifications don't automatically pause the game and demand your attention. If you just leave it alone after a configurable amount of seconds it will just fade away. Much nicer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWIzyj2osU

There's a fair amount of overlapping in the functions of Lockinfo and Notified Pro and I could definitely understand why you might not want to purchase both.

9. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Question about that. If the notification comes up mid game, does the iPhone focus to it? Like will the game not register any input until the notification is dismissed?

Also, what is the toolbar in the Notification Grip settings?

10. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm not really sure what the Toolbar is. But if you are playing a game (I play madden a bunch, and also cut the rope) when the bezel comes in it doesn't have focus, so you can keep playing until you X it out or it just disappears. it doesn't interfere at all.

11. The5thElephant macrumors newbie

The toolbar pops up at the top of the screen if you have your GRiP popups set to stack on top of each other (so you only see one at a time) instead of next to each other. The toolbar lets you clear all the popups at once or go to the next "page" of popups.

12. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Can someone post their EXACT settings, please?

I have tried everything, and no matter what I can do I can't get the Grip notifications to come up, or the standard Apple pop up to go away. What gives?

The odd thing is that the grip notifications worked for a while. ARGH

13. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

14. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

15. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Fixed it!!

Lockinfo 3.0 is badass. Thanks. :)

16. fjd726 macrumors regular

I also have 4.2.6 and have everything setup to link. Why am I not getting any notifications? Mobile notifier didnt workd for me either. I have bitesms, does anyone think that could be the problem?

17. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

BiteSMS could definitely be the problem. It kind of defeats the point of Notified/Grip/Lock Info anyways. :D

18. Chromus macrumors regular

I tried this set up but whenever I would get a push notification with a custom statusbar icon (let's say Twitter), both the "!" and "t" would appear in my statusbar. Even after I checked Twitter I would still have the "!" in my statusbar, the only way to remove it was to go into Notified's log, which was a pain since I was using Lockinfo's InfoShade. Any way to fix this?

19. fjd726, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

fjd726 macrumors regular

Confirmed. BiteSms did not allow this trio to work. I just deleted bite and now everything works as it should. Not sure if I like this better yet.

Just realized that mail notifications do not show up, only sms. checked all plugins and are set to log. Any ideas?

20. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Mail notifications were broken so he made it a separate package on Cydia. "Notified Mail Beta"...but it's really, really unstable.

21. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Turn off the badge icon for Notified Pro.

Do battery low notifications work with grip? If they do and they get mail support this would be perfect. So far I'm loving this replacement for the crappy iOS notifications. I do not miss the blue bubble pop ups AT ALL.

22. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I deleted notified pro. While it was awesome, it was more of a hassle. The notifications would either cover the slide to unlock bar, or the time on the lock screen. When I tried making the notifications smaller, the time they came in would be over the notification name, and that was annoying.

23. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Are there any other plug ins similiar to notificationgrip but have more mobile notifier looking ui? I was using mobilenotifier but it just started crashing my phone out of no where.

24. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I have mine set up perfectly. I have exactly what you have. I disabled grip notifications on the lockscreen (you can do this in the settings) and I have lockinfo for everything I missed. I also stop my phone from waking up when I get a text (Turned this off via lockinfo settings) It's an amazing combination.

25. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

For sure, I've got the same thing going. Do you know how to make it so when I receive a text/email/calendar notification LockInfo will expand it? Sometimes I'll get a notification and not know where to look. lol