Notified Pro questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by user843, Feb 10, 2011.

1. user843 macrumors newbie

I am looking at purchasing Notified Pro. I am currently using "Notifier+" for status bar icons an lock screen icons. Does "Notified Pro" also provide lock screen icons as "Notifier+" does?

Also, does "Notified Pro" handle repeating notifications such as a reminder tone? Thanks.

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

It only does statusbar notifications, not either of the other 2 things that you want. I would really recommend waiting on Notified Pro for now regardless, it is in desperate need for an update and the developer doesn't seem interested.

3. The5thElephant macrumors newbie

Notified Pro gives you a drop down window log of notifications, I'm not sure if Notifier+ does that, but no lock screen icons or repeat notification options.

Notified Pro with the GRiP add on is nice though.

4. Chromus macrumors regular

Yes, I'm currently using this and it's fantastic!

5. threezero macrumors 6502

Anybody else notified pro not logging any emails?

6. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

It hasn't logged emails for a while because there were a lot of people (me included) that experienced a bug causing the mail app to crash when more than one email came through.

The dev for Notified Pro is unsure what causes this bug, so he took out the feature to log mail notifications, and placed it as a separate package in Cydia as a beta with the relevant warnings. You can install it if you want, it's called notified pro mail plugin or something along those lines, but it may crash your mail app, in which case all you need to do is uninstall it.

7. STravisC macrumors regular

8. The5thElephant macrumors newbie

I use biteSMS which lets you reply directly from the popup, so it is the only notification I have that doesn't use the Notified Pro GRiP.

9. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

If you don't want to wait for a Notified Pro update, you can go with OpenNotifier. That can put a status bar icon up for any app as long as the app shows springboard badges.

10. STravisC macrumors regular

Yeah i just don.t want a huge thing like BiteSMS on my phone...

11. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

biteSMS isn't a "huge" thing really. In fact it's just an app, and a really good one at that. They have a trial period. You should give it a shot.

12. Brannon macrumors regular

What version of Notified Pro are you using?? Cuz i cant get it to work with 1.5.1.....

I really like this theme!!

13. Chromus macrumors regular

I'm using Notified Pro versions 1.5.3 and Grip version 3.0.1.

14. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Curious if someone could help me with this. I had to restore my phone to 4.3.1 from 4.2 and I was using Notified Pro fine before, and I have it set up the same way but for some reason the drop down wont come down when I swipe down on the status bar. It just launches the application itself.

Anyone know what to do?

15. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I had the same problem which was fixed by adding the beta repo for Notified and using it instead, if I remember correctly I had to delete Notified Pro before adding the new version form the beta repo found here: beta.notifiedapp.com/

16. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

That worked! Thanks!