Notified, quick reply, reminder -> Not working iOS4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gianthobbit, Aug 2, 2010.

1. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

So new to the whole jailbreaking thing here but it appears to me that all the apps that I see that are good do not work:

• Notified- Random Crahses, Badges not working correctly
    • Reminder- Does nothing at all

Where do you go to find out if apps are compatible and working? I have wasted a ton of time today messing around today with these and getting no results.

2. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

3. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

Reminder is now working thanks! Notifier is still having issues displaying the current unread notifications, it just wants to show the badge number for all notifications.

That list should definitely help me out though, thanks much!

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

sadly, despite trying the suggestion above...reminder still doesn't work for me :(

no alarms get repeated. any other suggestions?

5. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

That is odd, the icons show up fine for me, I do not use the alarms though. How exactly do those work, just repeats notifications until you view them?

I purchased the pro version of Notified (2.99) and it still is buggy. I like the idea behind this app so I dont feel back laying the money down but I hope the dev can get this working sometime soon...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I want to know if reminder will add a reminder for just a notiication. For any notification that is pushed.

that means:

Facebook
    Words with Friends
    Twitter

8. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

that's pretty much it yes. I don't use the icons. The purpose behind this app for me was being notified of an item without having to turn my phone on (once I've turned the screen on I can see that I have a message etc without the need for additional icons)

I'll keep persevering though, trying a few tweaks and see what happens

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Is Reminder still available in Cydia? I 've had it since the 3GS and it quit working properly back then (no new mail icon ever appeared in the status bar, though text messages and missed calls/voicemail still displayed just fine.) I just deleted Reminder with the intention of reinstalling it and now can't find it. Is there something else it's known by now?

10. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

You also have to have IconSupport installed, didnt work for me until then either.

11. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

do you need this for the repeat reminders too?

I don't use the icons, I only use it for the repeating alerts

12. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Thanks! It still doesn't seem to want to display mail notifications, but I guess I've gotten so used to them not showing up now since the last time Notifier quit working for me so it's not that huge a deal. The other icons now look to be displaying correctly.

13. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Many of the status bar stuff doesn't work unless you download other stuff to make it work with 4.0.. And for quickreply I use bitesms.. Best text messaging app available

14. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Yea something to do repeating reminders if the only thing left I don't have an app for that I want to do in IOS4

15. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

"status notifier fix" is working for me. my status bar notifications displays everything for me. only thing i disable is SMS as i have bitesms for my notification on SMS.

16. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

This may be a stupid question, but is that only for Status Notifier, or does it work with Notifier as well?

17. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

All I want is a 5 or 10 minute 'Snooze' option for reminders and life would be goooood.

18. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I'm pretty sure I had to install satus notifier fix when I used this on my 3GS too which got it working, but sadly, still doesn't work on my 4

19. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

SN crashes on my i4.

20. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

so has ANYONE got notifier working (the repeat alarms bit, not the notification icons) on their iPhone4?

21. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

"reminder"(of notifier) is not working yet on iP4 i guess......im waiting for an update too!

just the icons in status bar at this point are working unfortunately

22. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

ah, ok..thanks for the update...I wont try any more re-installs etc, I'll just be patient and wait for a fix..if it ever comes

23. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

i just removed this app when i noticed the reminder portion didnt work. I didnt need the status bar icons. I just used the app to give me audio alerts when i miss a text or call.

Hoping this will be fix, but i have a feeling we going to have to buy whatever it is that we going to have to install. I can feel it..

24. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

And I don't have a problem with that. I'm quite happy to pay for apps that are important to me. Not everything is going to be free you know. If you use it and like it, why not pay the developer for his time?

25. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

oh i dont have a problem...ive bought the apps ive grown really fond of =)