Notified, quick reply, reminder -> Not working iOS4

gianthobbit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
So new to the whole jailbreaking thing here but it appears to me that all the apps that I see that are good do not work:

• Notified- Random Crahses, Badges not working correctly
  • Reminder- Does nothing at all

Where do you go to find out if apps are compatible and working? I have wasted a ton of time today messing around today with these and getting no results.

gianthobbit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Notifier/Reminder works. Set cydia to developer mode (manage tab top left in settings) and then search for libstatusbar. Install it and it should work fine.

As for the list it is here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tz1lkTAAwtDi_7HJxef0Vgg&f=true&gid=1
Reminder is now working thanks! Notifier is still having issues displaying the current unread notifications, it just wants to show the badge number for all notifications.

That list should definitely help me out though, thanks much!

gianthobbit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
sadly, despite trying the suggestion above...reminder still doesn't work for me :(

no alarms get repeated. any other suggestions?
That is odd, the icons show up fine for me, I do not use the alarms though. How exactly do those work, just repeats notifications until you view them?

I purchased the pro version of Notified (2.99) and it still is buggy. I like the idea behind this app so I dont feel back laying the money down but I hope the dev can get this working sometime soon...

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2007
I want to know if reminder will add a reminder for just a notiication. For any notification that is pushed.

that means:

Facebook
Words with Friends
Twitter

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
That is odd, the icons show up fine for me, I do not use the alarms though. How exactly do those work, just repeats notifications until you view them?
that's pretty much it yes. I don't use the icons. The purpose behind this app for me was being notified of an item without having to turn my phone on (once I've turned the screen on I can see that I have a message etc without the need for additional icons)

I'll keep persevering though, trying a few tweaks and see what happens

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Is Reminder still available in Cydia? I 've had it since the 3GS and it quit working properly back then (no new mail icon ever appeared in the status bar, though text messages and missed calls/voicemail still displayed just fine.) I just deleted Reminder with the intention of reinstalling it and now can't find it. Is there something else it's known by now?

gianthobbit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Is Reminder still available in Cydia? I 've had it since the 3GS and it quit working properly back then (no new mail icon ever appeared in the status bar, though text messages and missed calls/voicemail still displayed just fine.) I just deleted Reminder with the intention of reinstalling it and now can't find it. Is there something else it's known by now?
You also have to have IconSupport installed, didnt work for me until then either.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
You also have to have IconSupport installed, didnt work for me until then either.
Thanks! It still doesn't seem to want to display mail notifications, but I guess I've gotten so used to them not showing up now since the last time Notifier quit working for me so it's not that huge a deal. The other icons now look to be displaying correctly.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2009
Many of the status bar stuff doesn't work unless you download other stuff to make it work with 4.0.. And for quickreply I use bitesms.. Best text messaging app available

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
Yea something to do repeating reminders if the only thing left I don't have an app for that I want to do in IOS4

polobreaka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
"status notifier fix" is working for me. my status bar notifications displays everything for me. only thing i disable is SMS as i have bitesms for my notification on SMS.

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
so has ANYONE got notifier working (the repeat alarms bit, not the notification icons) on their iPhone4?
"reminder"(of notifier) is not working yet on iP4 i guess......im waiting for an update too!

just the icons in status bar at this point are working unfortunately

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
i just removed this app when i noticed the reminder portion didnt work. I didnt need the status bar icons. I just used the app to give me audio alerts when i miss a text or call.

Hoping this will be fix, but i have a feeling we going to have to buy whatever it is that we going to have to install. I can feel it..

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
And I don't have a problem with that. I'm quite happy to pay for apps that are important to me. Not everything is going to be free you know. If you use it and like it, why not pay the developer for his time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.