Notifier not working on ip4

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Just jailbroke my iphone4 and installed notifier but it's not showing the new mail icon on the status bar. Anybody else got it to work or know of any over apps that is similar?

jyj

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
i can't get it to work either.... :(
it's one of my main reasons for jailbreaking, too!

anyone figure it out?

jyj

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
i spoke too soon!

i now installed "Status Notifier" rather than "Notifier" and it fixes it. Little envelope in the status bar!! :)

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
If you don't want to install Status Notifier fix since it installs a whole bunch of **** you might not want on your phone. Just do this.

1. Install/queue Notifier 3.1-2 (the one without Status in front of it)
  2. Make sure cydia is set to Developer (No Filters) you can change this by going to the Manage tab in Cydia and hitting the settings button on the top left.
  3. Do a refresh in Cydia (might be optional)
  4. Search for and install libstatusbar package.

Then everything should work fine.

Now if someone would update the Notifier icons for the Retina display it would be awesome.

bengtc

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
Is there much of a difference between "Notifier" and StatusNotifier" apps?

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Is there much of a difference between "Notifier" and StatusNotifier" apps?
Yeah Notifier works with iOS 4 and Status Notifier doesn't. :) Back in the day when they used to both work Status Notifier had more features, but they are basically both the same thing.

microman

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2007
I like the simple style of the original StatusNotifier, i wish the developer was still working on this one.. Unfortunately, it throws the phone into safe mode on 4.0 :(

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
If you don't want to install Status Notifier fix since it installs a whole bunch of **** you might not want on your phone. Just do this.

2. Make sure cydia is set to Developer (No Filters) you can change this by going to the Manage tab in Cydia and hitting the settings button on the top left.

Now if someone would update the Notifier icons for the Retina display it would be awesome.
this method worked for me. thanks!

anonymous6237

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Plano, TX
So I've tried my hand at making some higher resolution graphics for my status bar and here are my findings so far:

All the default apple icons that appear everywhere have 2 versions, a normal one and one with "@2x" after the name, presumably to indicate the higher resolution for the ip4 display. The interesting part is that the iPhone knows to use the larger graphic in the same display area on the screen.

If I try to make a higher resolution icon and replace the default notifier icon with my new one it will display it but at its regular size (which looks huge and bleeds way over the status bar edges). What we need is an update so that the notifier will pick up on graphics labeled Default_NMAIL1@2x.png and use them like the rest of the apple coded apps can.

FLAVAH

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2008

worked PERFECTLY! thanks!

SomeRandomGuy18

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
So I've tried my hand at making some higher resolution graphics for my status bar and here are my findings so far:

All the default apple icons that appear everywhere have 2 versions, a normal one and one with "@2x" after the name, presumably to indicate the higher resolution for the ip4 display. The interesting part is that the iPhone knows to use the larger graphic in the same display area on the screen.

If I try to make a higher resolution icon and replace the default notifier icon with my new one it will display it but at its regular size (which looks huge and bleeds way over the status bar edges). What we need is an update so that the notifier will pick up on graphics labeled Default_NMAIL1@2x.png and use them like the rest of the apple coded apps can.
I found out the same thing. Any devs here that can make the change? I need my high res icons!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.