Notifier+ version 4.1 update crashing (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KentuckyHouse, Mar 10, 2011.

1. KentuckyHouse, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Is anyone else having this problem? I saw there was an update for Notifier+ in Cydia and the update includes some nice new features, so I figured I'd update it and try it out again (I'm a loyal LockInfo user normally).

Unfortunately, after the update, Notifier+ won't open at all. It just crashes every time I click the icon. I sent an email to the developer just now, so hopefully I'm not the only one having this problem and there will be a fix out soon.

I know it's working fine for some people from the "Post Your Jailbroken Home Screen" thread, but for me, it's just a crashing mess right now. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

*edit* See solution below...

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not me. I updated without any issue. I don't have LockInfo installed so might that be the cause? I would assume that having two notification apps running at the same time might bork something up on the phone.

3. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I thought about that, h1r0ll3r, so I disabled LockInfo before attempting to open Notifier+. Unfortunately, that didn't help.

I'm gonna check a couple of things and see if maybe there's a conflict somewhere else.

4. genetic macrumors 6502

whats in the new version? anything exciting? lol

edit: nevermind found it. here it is for anyone thats interested

# v 4.1 KILLER Feature: New customizable option to flash the camera LED for reminders (only for iPhone 4)
    # New option to set the action for the icons in the lock screen (open app and/or acknowledge event)
    # Icons in lock screen usage are set individually now, so the user can decide which kind of event will generate an icon
    # New option to define icons positions in the lock screen
    # Bug fix for the icons in the lock screen for iPads
    # Configurable option to use badge on icons in the lock screen
    # General bug fixes that were preventing vibration and sounds to happen due to incomplete plist files

5. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Yeah, I'm really interested in the option to set the icons to open the event (ala LockInfo) and being able to put the icons wherever you want. Sounds kinda cool.

I remembered that I had the "Better LockInfo Icons" checked in WinterBoard, so I thought maybe those were causing a conflict, even though LockInfo is disabled. Unfortunately, no dice. I turned them off, did a respring, but Notifier+ still won't even open.

I'll update this if I hear something back from the developer. I googled Notifier+, but I can't find any sort of forum or support system (something like BiteSMS has). Does anyone know if something like that exists for Notifier+?

6. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've got the solution from the developer (pretty darn quick too...very nice!)

If you've upgraded Notified+ and the app is crashing when you open it, do this:

SSH into the phone, navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and delete the file com.iDevBrTeam.iNotifier.plist. Then restart your device and everything works perfectly.

Thanks to the developer for a quick response! :D