Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
I use the Aqwoah winterboad theme.

If I use the mini icons, then NP+ uses the default Apple (or stock) icons (but small) for lock screen notifications.

If I use the large icons, then NP+ uses the regular winterboard icons for those apps on the lock screen.

I've set it up to watch 8 different apps for notifications. Works well.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
I've set it up to watch 8 different apps for notifications. Works well.

do you mean you just added messenger apps for it to watch?
or did you set up N+ to watch other apps for notifications, like Weather Apps that will push notifications?

if you got it to watch other apps, like LockInfo does id be interested in hearing how...

genetic

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
does this app use alot of memory? any noticeable slow downs of any kind? this app looks amazing

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
do you mean you just added messenger apps for it to watch?
or did you set up N+ to watch other apps for notifications, like Weather Apps that will push notifications?

if you got it to watch other apps, like LockInfo does id be interested in hearing how...

I set it up to alert on the standard apps, Mail, SMS, and VoiceMail/Missed Calls.

But, I've also got it watching (and working) to alert on....Paypal, Pocket Informant, TextNow, Words with Friends, Weather Alert USA. Each of those were setup as MMS under the 'Settings', then 'Manage IM Support'. All you do is add the bundle identifier of the app you wish to watch, and it starts working. You can find the bundle identifier in the info.plist that is used by each app.

Attached is a screen shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.PNG
    IMG_0020.PNG
    710.1 KB · Views: 93

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
Nice work M3! Thank you.

I'm figuring SSH into the phone to add the bundle identifier, where inside of N+ do I add it?

@Genetic, I use N+ w lockinfo, under my anecdotal research I found it uses about 40 Meg of system memory on my iPhone 4. YMMV...

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
does this app use alot of memory? any noticeable slow downs of any kind? this app looks amazing

I've been using Notifier since it's release a couple years ago (gave it up reluctantly to move to iOS 4, but now it's working great again after being updated). Relies on mobilesubstrate, so there is little memory hit (somewhat noticeable when I was using it on the 3g or 3gs, but not on the iP4).

Nice work M3! Thank you.

I'm figuring SSH into the phone to add the bundle identifier, where inside of N+ do I add it?

Each of those were setup as MMS under the 'Settings', then 'Manage IM Support'. All you do is add the bundle identifier of the app you wish to watch, and it starts working. You can find the bundle identifier in the info.plist that is used by each app.

To set this up I only used iFile and Notifier+. iFile to browse to the app folder that I wanted to alert on, then open the info.plist file in that app folder to find the bundle identifier. Then the above procedure to set it up inside of Notifier+. I don't have the status bar update on the extra apps I watch (added under the Manage IM Support), as I couldn't tell which one is putting the alert up there. No big deal.

I added TextNow as an SMS app, as I hardly use the built in SMS app. Notifier+ will show that icon on the status bar, so I know one of the two set it.

Hope that helps.

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
@Genetic, I use N+ w lockinfo, under my anecdotal research I found it uses about 40 Meg of system memory on my iPhone 4. YMMV...

I'm only relying on what SBSettings app is telling me with what memory I have free. It always hovers around 350 mb after a hard reboot (not respring), both before and after I installed Notifier+, so my answer above may be in the dark a bit if there is a better way to monitor memory (I don't 'much').

I don't use LockInfo (FWIW).

Jupex

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2009
I wish I could move then icons position from top to bottom. Thatway I could use lockinfo HTC clock / weather. otherwise looking great.

oturn

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2011
I just purchased Notifier+ for my Verizon iPhone. Everything seems to work except for repeating vibrating alerts (while in vibrate mode). Does this work for everyone else?

Staindsoul

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
I have notifier installed on my iPhone4 but cant get any icons to show up in the status bar. I am running 4.2.1 Anyone know a fix to this?

user843

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
Manual for Notifier+

I purchased Notifier+ yesterday. The status and lockscreen icons all seem to work fine but the alert repeating is sporadic. I am assuming "Repeat Mode" means how many times to repeat the alert and that "Time Interval" refers to the amount of minutes to wait between alerts. Am I correct?

Staindsoul

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
I purchased Notifier+ yesterday. The status and lockscreen icons all seem to work fine but the alert repeating is sporadic. I am assuming "Repeat Mode" means how many times to repeat the alert and that "Time Interval" refers to the amount of minutes to wait between alerts. Am I correct?

What iPhone are you using?

laz305

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2007
Miami

that is correct set repeat mode how many times you want it to notify you (i set infinite) and time interval of how many minutes you want it to remind you audibly.

user843

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
Do repeat notifications include vibrate

Notifier+ seems to be working fine however repeat notification do not vibrate, they only repeat the sound. Is this by design? I sometimes have my ringer off and would still like to be able to get repeat vibrate notifications.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Does anyone have the repeating alerts working in 4.2.1? I'm trying to setup repeat alerts for boxcar using notifier+ but when I type in the bundle identifier for boxcar it says it didn't find the app. If I say add anyways it doesn't work.

This is what I put in for the bundle ID: net.jdg.Boxcar (this was in the info.plist for boxcar)

buzzluck

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
my bitesms small icon is smaller than the call icon, anyone know how can i fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_0540.PNG
    IMG_0540.PNG
    442.1 KB · Views: 85

applefanatics

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
To set this up I only used iFile and Notifier+. iFile to browse to the app folder that I wanted to alert on, then open the info.plist file in that app folder to find the bundle identifier. Then the above procedure to set it up inside of Notifier+. I don't have the status bar update on the extra apps I watch (added under the Manage IM Support), as I couldn't tell which one is putting the alert up there. No big deal.

I added TextNow as an SMS app, as I hardly use the built in SMS app. Notifier+ will show that icon on the status bar, so I know one of the two set it.

Hope that helps.

I followed your steps and placed the bundle identifier into the notifier+ but it keeps on saying "could not validate this name to any applications installed. What would you like to do? Dismiss or Just add it" and I tried clicking "just add it" but then i never received the notifications.

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
I followed your steps and placed the bundle identifier into the notifier+ but it keeps on saying "could not validate this name to any applications installed. What would you like to do? Dismiss or Just add it" and I tried clicking "just add it" but then i never received the notifications.

Might need to respring or reboot.....

That seems to be a needed step for me to make the notifications work.

I've got a couple non standard apps using the notifications, TextFree, Paypal, and Billminder are just a few.

If you still have issues, reply back, it may be a particular setting inside the app issue.

applefanatics

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
Thanks for your help m3coolpix! Everything is working now, only problem is I can't seem to figure out how to get the notifications to use the "flash" option. I got it to work once, but now it doesn't flash anymore....

And how did you get your icons to look so nice on the lockscren?

applefanatics

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
Might need to respring or reboot.....

That seems to be a needed step for me to make the notifications work.

I've got a couple non standard apps using the notifications, TextFree, Paypal, and Billminder are just a few.

If you still have issues, reply back, it may be a particular setting inside the app issue.

Thanks for your help m3coolpix! Everything is working now, only problem is I can't seem to figure out how to get the notifications to use the "flash" option. I got it to work once, but now it doesn't flash anymore....

And how did you get your icons to look so nice on the lockscren?

JasonSmith2020

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
One of the best apps

Just bought it a few days ago. I was looking for a repeating alert for pending events (mainly, calls not answered and SMSs not read) for ages and couldn't find any. The simplest, chippest Nokia had it from day 1 probably. Anyways, I HIGHLY recommend it. Thanks to the developer!

flow87

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
my bitesms small icon is smaller than the call icon, anyone know how can i fix it?

Hello,
I'm an absolute newb in iPhone stuff. How do I create such a lock screen like you?

Analog clock, weather symbol, ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.