Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djbattaglia

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
London Ontario
ok so i got everything setup properly, its sending notification to my imac great perfect, the only problem is i cant send out and sms from my mac? it says in the description that im able to send sms from my pc/mac, but all i get is a notification and tahst it i click it and nothing happens, how can i do ths?

johoja

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010

Hey,

Since the mac version of growl does not support GNTP you can't use that to reply to SMS's.

If you want to be able to reply to SMS's you should use the notify.io method of notification ( also supported in Notify Pro ).

You will still see the actual notifications in growl, but you should be able to click them and reply to them.

Setting up notify.io is pretty easy, just head over to their site setup an account, and input your info into Notify Pro, and install the notify.io desktop app. Let me know if you need more help.

Mr. Nice Guy

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Hey,

Since the mac version of growl does not support GNTP you can't use that to reply to SMS's.

If you want to be able to reply to SMS's you should use the notify.io method of notification ( also supported in Notify Pro ).

You will still see the actual notifications in growl, but you should be able to click them and reply to them.

Setting up notify.io is pretty easy, just head over to their site setup an account, and input your info into Notify Pro, and install the notify.io desktop app. Let me know if you need more help.

I need help with this process. I've got everything set up but I'm not able to send sms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.