Notify when connection is lost

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Travtorn, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Travtorn macrumors newbie

Hi

Does anyone know of a simple way to have your mac notify you when internet connection is lost?

Thanks

2. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

The internet stops working?;)

Sorry, when my one drops out, the pop up tells you, usually.. or the page comes up, /you are not connected/

3. Travtorn thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes that is true, but since I use the internet for other tasks, while not browsing, I don't necessarily notice in time:confused:

Any ideas?

4. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

I asked something similar recently because when I was waiting for emails to download, unless progress bar is moving you don't know if anything is coming in as you do on Windows with the flashing internet monitor icon in the bottom corner. Sometimes there is a fair delay in emails even though you know they should be there because I've already downloaded on the iphone, but there is nothing to show that one. And that is a time like you I am not sure if it's connected, I'm sure there is an app for that somewhere and someone on here, will probably be aware of it. There is an internet connection monitor but don't know that will do your job. It's not common because for most tasks something will come up to say you're not connected. If you are on WiFi the logo up top 'should' start moving when connection is lost or intermittently cuts out.

5. Travtorn thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you direct me to that thread?

The thing is, at my college, the wireless is (for some odd reason, not known to me) set in a way so that it cuts you off after anywhere between 10 min/ half an hour.

And since i use translators and other stuff, I'd like to be alerted ASAP when it happens.

Thanks

6. Peter Franks macrumors 65816