Notifying if texts are delivered

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xavier1, Oct 21, 2011.

1. xavier1 macrumors newbie

Hi all. I'm new here, and have searched with several terms and can't find an answer to this. I'm sure it has come up before. Every other verizon phone I have will tell me if my message ( to another verizon customer ) was delivered. ( not necessarily that it was read, but just that it reached their phone ) Now, I know the iphone will tell me if it didn't SEND, but it seems unless it's an imessage, it won't tell me simply that it was delivered. Is there a setting for this, or even an app that will help?

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere. Feel free to link me and I will go stand in the corner.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You are correct, there is no way to have the iPhone tell you if a text was successfully delivered unless it's an iMessage.

3. pictureperfect macrumors newbie

not sure about a app, but i'm 99% sure there's no setting to do what you're saying.

4. xavier1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I really hate that I don't have this feature. At least before I knew when my kids were just ignoring me! :):D

I will check back, just in case someone knows of an app.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Get iphones for the kids and put them on iMessage since it has delivery confirmation. Might be a wee bit more expensive than you like though... :D

Strictly speaking though, they could still see the messages and ignore you anyway; but they wouldn't have as much claim about not receiving it!