Nottingham 3G coverage need help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barrywatts, Dec 5, 2009.

1. barrywatts macrumors newbie

obviously the wrong place to post but maybe someone here can help me seeing as theres nothing on the web really sorry

well im going to purchase an iphone soon and want a constant good 3G signal where i live (Notts)

i have heard orange is better then o2 but would prefer to be on o2. Although if o2s 3g is really this bad i will go on orange.

i have checked both of their websites with coverage on but its just an estimate and i want some opinons before spending £500

so anyone in nottingham or thats been there, how was your o2 3G signal? any places you didnt get any signal/got bad signal ? if theres anyone in notts on orange id like to hear aswelk

2. Frkstyle macrumors newbie

u'll get very poor O2 3G signal in the building in nottm city centre.

no problem with orange so far.

3. grufster macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3g had it 18 months now. When I first got it the signal where I live (Mapperley park) was crap. When apple released the version 3 of the iPhone software the signal improved loads and now in the last couple of months I've had near enough a full 3g signal. In the city it seems fine too appart from when I'm at work but as far as I know everyone has problems with mobile signal there regardless of the network. I'm on o2 and to be honest when I upgrade next week to the 3GS I'm gonna stick with them as I'm also very very happy with the customer service. I can't fault O2's customer service and having been with orange in the past I would never consider going back to them as my network provider.

4. barrywatts thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers for the info. well i've heard countless people say that oranges CS is poor and i can believe that, but i cant see why i'd need to contact CS in the first place? id be getting it on pay as you go. never needed to contact any mobile phone providers

for the record i also live in mapperly but a not mapp park, im less then 2 miles away from town. and work at carrington/sherwood rise