Nougat finally for the Samsung Tab A

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by sk1wbw, Jun 13, 2017.

1. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Well I'll be damned, I woke up this morning to some downloads. First, my KEYone got the June security patch and while that was installing I tried the updates for my Galaxy Tab A wth the S Pen and what do you know, Nougat! It's only Android 7.0 but it's super nice. I didn't think I'd ever see Nougat on that thing.

2. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

Nice! Does that tablet have a built in s pen or is it detached like the Tab S3?

3. sk1wbw thread starter Suspended

sk1wbw

It's built in just like the Note. The only downfall is that it doesn't have an AMOLED screen like the S2 and S3, but I can do without it really. Having a built in S Pen is awesome.

4. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

I'm still rockin' the Note 10.1 2014 Edition and a Note Pro ... is it a significant upgrade from that?

5. sk1wbw thread starter Suspended

sk1wbw

Not sure, this is the first Samsung tablet I've ever had. Does yours have a built in pen? If not, then yes it would be a major upgrade. I fail to comprehend how the new Tab S models don't have a pen slot. I mean a pen slut.

6. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

haha! Yeah they have built in S-Pens ... but they are both stuck on Lollipop IIRC