Nov 8th, Alarm Bug not fixed...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamied95, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Im in the UK, and this morning my alarm didn't go off. Again (yes, I have a backup, not that stupid). I'm sure that that support Doc said it would fix itself on the 7th? Ah well, 4.2 just hurry up!

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I know that in the States you were supposed to delete the alarm and than make a new one.

3. Muad'Dib macrumors 6502

If I'm reading the latest stories on this correctly, the alarm won't be fixed until 4.2 is actually released. All the stories on this I've see say to manually set your alarm daily.

4. shandyman Suspended

delete the current alarms and make them again. then it will work.

5. JamesEsquire macrumors newbie

I deleted my repeat alarm last night and made a new one and it still went off one hour late this morning, its still not fixed.

6. SayaSe macrumors newbie

7. fuseone macrumors member

for such a big company you would think they would have it fixed by now. they could have at least put out a small update just to fix that, but i bet steve jobs has the update already so he doesnt have that problem. I feel everything just keeps adding up on the iphone problem after problem. most who bought a brand new car would not keep it if there was this many problems all the time.

8. SayaSe macrumors newbie

Apple doesn't release "small updates" for iOS, you have to download the entire freaking 300-400MB every time.

9. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Mine never went off and I deleted the old one yesterday and made a new one. Still on 4.1 in USA. I guess in 15 min I will see if it goes off 1 hr late.

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Apple has a fix and it's in 4.2. They weren't going out of cycle just for this.

11. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yep mine went off 1 hr late at 6:30.

12. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

If you want to use a repeat alarm just set it to go off one hour early until 4.2 is released.

13. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I should have went and found 4.2 GM and been done with the issue.

14. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

mine wasn't a repeating alarm, and it went off an hour late... i even created a new alarm last night. Oh well didnt want to get up at 6:30 anyways:D

15. Anklosaur macrumors newbie

Anklosaur

Hmmm.... I reset my main alarm last night before bed by simply changing it to an hour earlier, then changing it back to the correct time, and it went off at the correct time this morning. Did the same to my afternoon repeating alarm. Will see if it works.

16. whyamihere macrumors regular

whyamihere

mine went off an hour late this morning. so i made a new one as a test to go off a few minutes later and it did work.

i just don't understand how they can screw up DST code that has worked for over 3 years? :confused:

17. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

iPhone 4 is becoming like the prettiest girl at school you're going steady with.

Good to look at, impresses others, but she doesn't do "girlfriend" things well. No dancing/sitting/touching as it'll mess up her clothes. No extra-curricular as it'll mess up her hair. No hanging out because she needs to shop and get her nails done.

Pretty on the outside, but leaves you wanting more.

Steve Jobs reply: You're holding her wrong.

Maybe I'm holding the wrong "her"?

18. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

According to this poster:

Alarms created Nov 8 or later will work fine ... haven't tried it yet though.

19. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Same here deleted alarms and added them back. Didn't go off. Give me a break Apple this must be fixed.

20. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

When did you add them back?

21. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

I just deleted my reoccurring alarms and added them back. I then did a test reoccurring alarm to check and it worked.

Performed November 8, 2010 at 10:07AM EST

22. django696 macrumors member

django696

never used the alarm feature but after seeing all the talk about it i set it last night.. mine worked fine, woke me up at 6.00am

23. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Same here...performed a few hours ago...

J.

24. himni macrumors regular

I have tested it just a couple minutes ago and my alarms work. My alarm also went off this morning at the correct time. It also worked Sunday. I wonder why some people are affected and some aren't.

25. mstrze macrumors 68000

It's only a bug for weekdays, your alarms seem to recurr every day (You mentioned yesterday...Sunday) Other folk have troubles with the M-F only alarms.