Nova HD Vs Modern Sandstorm Please Help me decide

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ClaireL, Apr 18, 2010.

?

Which FPS has bang for my Buck? Nova HD or Modern Sandstorm?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2010.
  1. Nova HD

50.0%
  2. Modern Sandstorm

14.3%
  3. Neither!

28.6%
  4. I suggest another game instead (post it please)

7.1%
  1. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

I'm trying to decide between Nova HD or Modern Combat:Sandstorm as the FPS for my iPad. Nova looks kinda cool but I do want active multiplayer base. Never played Nova before or Sandstorm. I don't want to get bored, so which one has more bang for your buck, good controls and replay value? :D

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Honestly, from reviews I just read, they seem the same. Same maker too. They mention more about NOVA having touchy controls. Sandstorm seems to be about the same as it on the iPhone, just better graphics and better controls than NOVA.

N.O.V.A.

Modern Combat

IMO, Sandstorm looks cooler.

3. andrewb21 macrumors member

Having owned, played and completed both on my iPhone, let me say this-

If you want a fast paced, lots of shooting, running around type game, go with N.O.VA. Enemies are more common, less difficult (quantity not quality type scenario) and you'll find yourself in more of a Halo type gameplay setting.

With MCS, the gameplay is a bit more paced, enemies are a little more taxing, and there are more cutscenes which IMO slow down the shoot em' up feel a little. This game is good though for sniper action, precise grenade hits, peering around corners, etc. It does have some fast action levels but for the most part is a little slower.

In terms of graphics, they are pretty similar, with N.O.V.A having maybe a slight edge. I enjoy the N.O.V.A online play better, as it's a bit faster and more intense. Based on all that, you'll have to make the best informed decision, I'm sure you'll be happy with either.

Bang for your buck: Depends
    Good controls: N.O.V.A
    Replay value: N.O.V.A

4. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

N.O.V.A HD is great value, both online and offline -- I'd say more fun than Sandstorm. Controls are highly customisable. I wasn't impressed by Sandstorm's graphics, and the controls can a bit harder to use.

5. kepner macrumors 6502

6. ClaireL thread starter macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Thanks everyone, after your replies so far and watching video, I am leaning towards Nova! I might get both. :)

Pity that Call of Duty World At War Zombies for iPad has gotten so many mixed reviews, if it gets an update I might get that FPS too.

7. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I downloaded the free version of NOVA and Combat

I like both games, but hate the finger scrolling. They would of been better imo with a second analog stick for looking around like COD.

I play COD online and love it! It hasn't acted up on me in a while.

8. ClaireL thread starter macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

You have COD Zombies for iPad or you pixel double the iPhone version? If you have the iPad version, does it lag?

9. kepner macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure you can do that in N.O.V.A.'s control settings.

10. ClaireL thread starter macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

I bought NOVA and it's worth every penny! Love it for the great graphics, fun multiplayer and the customized control option. Wish all games had that option. Thanks for your replies! :D:D