Novation Audio Interface Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Saunby, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Saunby macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an issue with my Novation Nio 2|4 audio interface. When I open up GarageBand on my iMac it works fine up until I plug in my Nio, at this point the application freezes up and does not respond to anything I do. Force quit does not shut the programme and I'm forced to restart. It may also be worth mentioning that if I try to go in to the sound preferences of my iMac at this point, system preferences also stops responding and will not force quit.

I know this is not a problem with the Nio itself as it works perfectly on my MacBook. However when getting it to work on my my MacBook I have uncovered a second problem. When I connect my microKORG to the Nio, from the MIDI out on the MicroKorg to the MIDI in of the Nio, the MIDI messages seem to cut out and start again completely randomly. This occurs in both GarageBand and Ableton. Could this be the result of a bad cable? My lack of MIDI knowledge? The Nio?

The only real difference between my MacBook and iMac is that the MacBook is running Snow Leopard and the iMac is running Leopard. My Nio worked perfectly with my iMac for the first few days I had it... What changed?

Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

2. Saunby thread starter macrumors newbie