Novelty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Liquinn, May 22, 2012.

1. Liquinn Suspended

When you first got your Macbook Pro, how long did the novelty take to wear off?

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

It's a great piece of equipment. Still feel the same today as the day I bought it.

3. MrBullet macrumors member

Hmm.

I've had mine about 7 months now and every time I use it I still appreciate it's capabilities, OSX and its beautiful design.

Obviously for the first month, I was buzzing every time I used it. Was even booting it up just to check Twitter which I can do on my iPhone in about 2 seconds.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Never, because I need it to accomplish my work. For me its not a toy, but a tool ;)

5. leman macrumors 604

Ditto. In my experience, computers by Apple are more or less unique in the regard that they have no nonsense features. They are functional and practical and made to simply be used, and I don't get that many people apparently choose to worship them. But well :)

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

What novelty? I still love mine every time I open it. Its a great machine.

7. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

If using something that's a joy to use is considered a "novelty" these days I guess it's never worn off for me.

At least once I week a catch myself marveling at the engineering in My Mac and iPhone.