Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your 2018 Macbook Pro KP'd with the Bridge OS error since 10.4.1 GM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
OK here we go again...

Some links. If you are not sure what this references please don't comment or ask. Refer to:

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...w-bridge-os-error-poll.2144620/#post-26728279

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...bridge-os-error.2128976/page-97#post-26713103

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/26/apple-looking-into-t2-kernel-panic-reports/

**POLL**

Please review the options carefully. I changed this poll so that you can change your answer should you think you weren't getting a KP but it took some more time.

And whoops should have read 10.14.1. Typos.

Last edited:

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
@vaugha you’ve had one in the 18 hours since 10.14.1 GM was released? Just checking

Last edited:

Vilfredo

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
France
If we still have regulars KP after the 14 days retractation policy, is that still possible to ask for a refund ?

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I bought it 5 weeks ago.

Unfortunately I don’t see you having much luck with that. They have extended a return up to 30 for myself and others when we have called them, but 5 weeks is probably outside their willingness to do.

But again, it never hurts to call and ask. You will never know until you do

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
It does seem like its getting better.

I am still convinced that it’s a hardware issue that they are chasing with firmware updates. Hopefully they will catch up with it. But between that and the reports of still failing/problematic butterfly keyboards, I ultimately decided to sit this round out. I will will take a wait and see approach on a future revision

Reactions: zavrelj

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
I am still convinced that it’s a hardware issue that they are chasing with firmware updates. Hopefully they will catch up with it. But between that and the reports of still failing/problematic butterfly keyboards, I ultimately decided to sit this round out. I will will take a wait and see approach on a future revision
I can't blame you. My cash situation changed a bit but I am still holding on mine. I am using a 3.5 i7 13" w 16gb right now so im not hurting for basic speed needs. Nice sig.

Reactions: SDColorado

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
How wide spread are these KP's, was it a huge number of machines or are we only seeing the vocal minority complaining about it? We only hear people who have the problem complain about it. I'd love to know a percentage of all machines sold how many are having this issue.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
How wide spread are these KP's, was it a huge number of machines or are we only seeing the vocal minority complaining about it? We only hear people who have the problem complain about it. I'd love to know a percentage of all machines sold how many are having this issue.
Well, my friend, you are on a page with a poll asking this very question and alas I know of no more scientific method to determine this. I’d suggest reading the threads I supplied in the OP. There are many opinions! Apple does seem to be making some headway.

Last edited:

pulch

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2018

If you want a better sample size, check out this Apple post. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8465477.

As of my posting, 568 people "have the same question too." So it isn't as small of a problem as this poll suggests. Definitely on the order of hundreds of people versus dozens.

Reactions: SDColorado

pulch

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2018
That’s still a small sample if there are hundreds of thousands of machines.

Certainly, I'm not saying it isn't - just larger than the one we're getting here. We have no other way of knowing how many machines are affected beyond getting that information from a statement by Apple.

Given that the company hasn't made a statement, it definitely is a small minority of machines having this problem compared to, for example, the issue with the butterfly keyboards in the MBP 16-17 and MB 15-17, which did warrant a statement and a full service program.

Reactions: MacNut

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Certainly, I'm not saying it isn't - just larger than the one we're getting here. We have no other way of knowing how many machines are affected beyond getting that information from a statement by Apple.

Given that the company hasn't made a statement, it definitely is a small minority of machines having this problem compared to, for example, the issue with the butterfly keyboards in the MBP 16-17 and MB 15-17, which did warrant a statement and a full service program.

Apple hasn’t made a statement *yet.*. Neither of the previous examples were that easy or that fast. Time will tell is we see a new repair program for yet another generation of butterfly keyboard.

Reactions: pulch

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
The poll is getting more and more interesting. People who seem to have resolved issues and many reporting none ever. Still some having problems though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.