November 22 in Canada???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eRondeau, Oct 31, 2009.

1. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Has anybody heard that something "big" is happening with the iPhone in Canada on November 22nd? Just got a tip from a Rogers employee... BTW that day is a Sunday so I can't imagine what it could be???

2. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Not heard of anything and Rogers doesn't really need to do anything. Maybe a price drop but thats it.

November 5th iPhone & iPhone 3GS will launch on both Telus Mobility's & Bell Mobility's nationwide HSPA+ network .... the network is a full 4mths ahead of schedule! :D

3. abz786 macrumors 6502

now where did you hear about this?
    prom1's post is the only thing that i know of happening in november in terms of the iphone.

maybe one of you can answer this question - how does a carrier like telus/bell be able to parade/market the fact that they are getting the iPhone when Apple has yet to make a statement stating they are coming to canada on more carriers!????

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Well, I don't know what type of rep you spoke to, but...

Rule #1 - Regular Rogers employees don't know **** (as in in-store, or on the phone).

5. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Maybe since Apple and Telus & Bell have already negotiated the deal and for Apple to specifically make a statement other than a simple listing on the news section of their site is costly and not really necessary since iPhone is already available on Rogers?

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/home/
    ^ Proof on TelusMobility's site.
    If this doesn't load up correctly, type in www.telusmobility.com select Ontario and bam the banner is there. It cycles though so wait a few seconds and you'll see the iPhone.

or: http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/home/iphone_coming_soon.shtml

This doesn't directly answer your question but it helps.