Novice on specs

TofSanity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
As the heading explains I am a novice when it comes to specs. With the bump in specs is the new MacBook worth the price over the $979 refurbished MacBook? I will not do anything with the MacBook that will require anything fast. Just your normal video watching, word processing and Internet BS.

Brad9893

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Hiding Under the Genius Bar
I don't think it would be worth it for you to pay more. I'd save the $300 and just buy the refurbished model. The Broadwell Core M should satisfy your needs IMO, if that's the extent of you use case. The update has a slightly faster processor and better graphics, but I don't think that you'd need them.

Reactions: mgipe and TofSanity

TofSanity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
I don't think it would be worth it for you to pay more. I'd save the $300 and just buy the refurbished model. The Broadwell Core M should satisfy your needs IMO, if that's the extent of you use case. The update has a slightly faster processor and better graphics, but I don't think that you'd need them.
Thanks for your reply.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
Plus you have a decent return period on the refurbs anyway so if it truly isn't doing what you need you have an out.

zhenya

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2005
There is nothing major about today's update. Perhaps if you were at the edge of what these laptops were capable of, it might be worth it. Or perhaps if you expect to keep the thing for 5+ years. But for average use, I doubt anyone can tell the difference.