Now a good time to buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DayOfChaos, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

Hello all. I am getting an iPad 3 as a gift from my mother for high school. After doing some research, I read the iPad 3 may be outdated in a few days? Or there is going to be a announcement of a refresh.

I don't want her wasting her money on something that will be outdated. Do you recommend we wait? Will the refresh include the new port connector?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Well, if you've been following the rumors, there will be a new iPad Mini that will be released within the next months. Other rumors have also stated that the current iPad 3 will get some minor improvements with a better display, better battery and possibly thinner design.

If you're interested in getting the regular full size, I would pull the trigger instead of waiting for a potential upgrade that is either will/will not happen. No guarantees, and its just a tweaked model with minor improvements.

3. DayOfChaos thread starter macrumors 6502

So, do you recommend waiting? It looks promising.

4. roccobladr macrumors 6502

I mean you might as well wait til after the press conference next week. Unless you just have to have it now..

5. DayOfChaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah that is what I was gonna do, but didn't the rumors say it would be in another keynote?