Now Available: Caterpillar! Customize iPod touch or iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheSpaz, Feb 23, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Check it out here:

It's per subscription but, you can also buy unlimited use so you can use it forever (I'm assuming)

http://ripdev.com/caterpillar

2. TP-Eric macrumors member

For $45, it had better run my errands and cook me dinner.

3. herzel macrumors newbie

how the hell this people come and claim any money on software while the whole jailbreak is not approve and legel yet.and on top of all its free.
    this is a jok I hate it. the should have waited for the sdk to be released first, but the gridness kill thier cat.
    nobody should pay or buy any sofateware yet !!
    not untill things get approved by apple and the sdk will be released

4. TP-Eric macrumors member

Not this argument again...

A) Jailbreaking isn't illegal. Apple just doesn't like it because it shows that their handheld isn't impervious to exploits like they want it to be, and it means that it's vulnerable to attack from malicious software.
    B) The method by which development is made possible on the iPhone and iPod touch right now (jailbreaking) has nothing to do with the applications that are developed. Nobody who develops apps on the Touch and iPhone owes the iPhone Dev Team anything. They're free to charge whatever they want for their apps. Even a ridiculous $45 for a collection of apps that are only marginally useful at best, and most of which have been done before, and better, for free.

My contention is not with the fact that they are charging money -- any developer is free to do that if they so choose, since it's their own software they can do whatever they like iwth -- it's with the pricing model. Subscriptions? Patently absurd. The $45 shock-inducing sticker price for the "unlimited" version won't do it any favours, either. I'd be surprised if they make any sales.

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I agree. I think they were too late on this release or too early. For those purchasing this app right now... How do they know that Catepillar will work on Apple's official firmware and also, you shouldn't have to pay for a subscription to use the software. I really, really, hope that this is not how Apple is going to offer the official software.

I think jailbreaking is far from over.