All iPads Now considering waiting on the mini....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Truefan31, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I think with playing with the air and the price I know the mini will be 100 less. Anyone else feel the same way

2. NuggetSauce macrumors regular

I've always been planning on getting the mini. I wait for the hype to die down, wait to see if there are bugs or defects with the new models, then I get it if everything looks good. Seems like a lot of people here got the Air because it came out first and got excited.

The fact that the mini has the same internal hardware specs as the full sized iPad is a significant perk that has been lost on others.

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Yep. That's a really nice bonus and to me, completely justifies the price increase from $329 to $399.

I think perhaps there might be some who just want the Mini because it's considerably lighter and less expensive than older full-size iPads. Now that the gap has been narrowed, they'd much rather have the bigger device. Which one to get just boils down to personal preference and use-case.

4. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I went mini to air because I wanted the screen size. Typing on the air is just so much easier, but it just depends on your usage.

They both have their advantages, but the air feels more like the device I want between my iPhone and Mac. The Mini is too close to the iPhone given I have to thumb type with it. Input with the larger touch targets just makes using the device easier and feels more "relaxed" to me.