Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
so i'm working between the FINAL THREE CLIPS in this god-foresaken movie, and now i suddenly can't use the transistions i need! in the transistions box, the list is all there; i need to use the cross disolve. when i click on it, the preview starts like always.... but the "Add" button under the box is greyed out, so i can't actually add it! if i click the check box in the preview window instead, the preview turns off like normally but the transition still is not added! on top of that, EVERY transition effect except for the fade/wash in and outs have the same problem. what the hell is going on here?! i'm tired of this crap and need a break...

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
Well you say you are using a cross disolve, which uses part of the original clip to make the transition. If the transition is longer than the original clip (i.e. 10 second transition over a 9 second clip) then it might not allow you to add the transition.

EDIT - more possible help from Apple Support Discussions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.