Now I need a 6 plus car mount...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by biosci, Sep 21, 2014.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Okay, best mount for the iPhone 6 Plus... What are you using / going to use that's functional and minimalistic? (Not too unsightly)

2. TristanPT macrumors member

3. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

Koomus CD-Air CD slot mount.

I think it's best to decide where you want it in your car, and what option works best for you; windshield mount, dash mount, air vent mount, CD slot mount.

4. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Does the standard Airframe work with the plus?

5. Azzin macrumors 68040

6. biosci thread starter macrumors 6502a

I currently have a cd mount which is great... But the way it holds phones, the iPhone is too 'top heavy' as there's a bottom part that puts most of the weight to one side of the swivel point making the phone unbalanced.

7. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Soundman Car Audio (soundmanca.com) is going to have in-dash mount kits for the 6 and 6 plus. They currently have mounts for the iPad air and mini. Granted, it's a whole lot more of an in-depth install than a CD as lot or window mount, but is is badass.

8. EnsignRicki macrumors newbie

Considering the regular Aiframe extends to 3 inches and the Plus has a width of 3.06 inches, you could probably make it fit but I would guess it would be a chore to put it in and take it out. Better to just get the Airframe+.

9. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I HIGHLY recommend anything iOttie makes, just choose one that will fit the plus and they have a few models that do. They will not fall off the windshield unless you take them off, and even then it takes effort. Every other mount I have had before theirs has fallen off when it either gets too hot or too cold outside and tumbles down my dash. Also they only require one hand to place and remove the phone.

10. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I use a Mountek nGroove Snap and absolutely love it.

11. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Hope this works with the vents of my 2012 Civic Si... I can't have my 6 Plus sitting in my cup holder taking up space.

12. teabonesteak macrumors regular

I've only tried the iottie and I have to say it's nice. Be careful bc that damn combo of sticky pad and suction cup make it VERY hard to move.

Aside from the clack noise when inserting it, it is very solid and I love my purchase.

13. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

I have an Airframe+. It's been good so far and hasn't dented the leather case. Getting the phone into it is a little more awkward than the old Airframe. Seems like the clamping force is tighter. Might just not be broken in.

Unfortunately, there's no good vent in my Tacoma where the huge 6+ screen doesn't end up obscured by the wheel a bit, so I have an iOttie Easy Touch 2 on order to dash-mount instead. I've kind of missed my AC blowing on me too, ever since I started using a regular Airframe a few months ago.

My only real concern with the iOttie that the dash mount may be a thief magnet, even without a phone in it. I have a double-DIN LCD head unit that normally flies below radar, but maybe not so much with a visible mount.

14. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Definitely this. I had the standard airframe for my last phone and the airframe+ was one of my first purchases for this one. Its a very clean look and takes up nearly no space in the center console or glove box when not in use. Very easy to field a call while using it. Just pull the whole thing off the vent.

Only downside is that it blocks the vent.

15. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I am torn between these 2 for my 6.

So the weight isn't bad for the cd player at all (I know, dumb question)

also where is the bottom support on the Kenu Airframe? I would be very sad if I went over a bump and my phone fell.

16. JoeHemi macrumors member

Nope, confirmed this today when hoping in the car on the way to work. Had to use my cupholder this morning. Sucks since I have 4 of those Airframe's...

17. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

18. codyst macrumors regular

codyst

19. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

I have the Koomus installed in the dash, top edge of stereo/CD player, instead of the CD.

20. smurph macrumors newbie

smurph

21. EnsignRicki macrumors newbie

Trust me. With the grip you get from the Airframe, you don't need a bottom support.

22. wrxdrunkie macrumors member

I just picked up the Logitech drive+ today and I really like it. I am using the I slides magnet inserts under my apple leather case. It has a nice firm hold. Really exceeded my expectations. Picked it up from bestbuy for $49.99

23. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

good to know thx, still don't thinking it will work for me as I think the weight of the phone will pull my vent down..

24. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc