Now I see why people were raving about Touch ID

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dontazemebro, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

The 7.1 update has finally let me experience what everyone has been raving about, and that was a flawless Touch ID experience. This is the first week & half where I haven't gotten 1 "try again". I mean honestly it feels like a brand new phone. Up until now I was always fine with using my passcode but now I don't know how I could go back. I'm just surprised that it works every friggin time.

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

yeah that wasn't a selling point to me. But when I go to use a friends 5c, I feel like UGH, password. cool feature.

3. cipher29 macrumors regular

I was hugely skeptical of touch id when it was launched... Works 100% perfectly for me. Love it.

4. martosprint macrumors 6502

For me the touch ID works much better after the last iOS update, which was supposed to improve the touch ID.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I would really enjoy it just for app store use alone!

6. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

Not gonna lie, when I was on the GS4 I mocked thus feature as a MAJOR lack of innovation.

Couldn't have been more wrong #

Basically, I couldn't imagine the iPhone without this feature now, and am I the only one that thinks Touch ID makes the iPhone look better!?

So glad the square on the home button is gone.

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Oh yeah, I think the 5s looks beautiful with the fingerprint sensor. It's just too bad it couldn't make it onto the iPad yet.

8. easy-peasy macrumors regular

Touch ID is a major feature for me as I can finally have my phone secured with a password + it makes unlocking the phone that much easier since you don't have to "slide to unlock" anymore.

On my previous iPhones I refused to have any sort of password due to the annoyance of having to enter it in 279,456 times per day to use my phone.

Now with Touch ID I can secure my 5s with a complex password (not just 4 numbers) AND unlock my 5s even faster than I could my 4s with no password! =D

9. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

Glad you finally are able to experience it! I have trouble using anyone's non Touch ID model now. It's not something I could go without. It makes swipe to unlock feel very old school and clumsy some how.

10. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I agree, touch id is great. It is so fast now I forget it is even there. Also wish my rMini had it . . .

11. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

12. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

13. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Agreed. Hoping for a 7.1 jailbreak for this tweak alone.

14. missygal Guest

missygal

Wow just set mine up after reading this thread. Definitely better then it use to be!!

15. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Would have to agree.

Mine worked perfectly for a few weeks after I got the iPhone in January - then it started acting up and required a redo every few days - and if I had a tiny bit of anything on my fingers (grease, water, etc), it wouldnt work at all.

Not sure what they changed, but it definitely works better now.

16. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Swiping to unlock has always worked for me, with out fail. The touch ID has not and even after 7.1, still does NOT.

17. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

My touch ID had been very frustrating even after 7.1 with it working fine for hours to a day and then fading out. I got so frustrated with having to re-do my prints, that I took my phone to an Apple store. The Genius did a few diagnostics and ended up replacing the phone. It now works nearly flawlessly.

18. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have already replaced my phone and found it did not make a difference.:rolleyes:

19. I7guy macrumors G5

You might be in the small percentage of the population that for whatever reason Touch ID does not work for you. iOS 7.1 update made Touch ID better, it seems for many.

20. takeshi74 macrumors 601

That's always the danger of passing judgement without any firsthand experience.

21. speed4tu macrumors member

I never thought it was that beneficial until I used it for a while. I recently picked up an iphone 5 for 50 bucks (excellent deal btw) and used it for a day to try it out and really missed touch ID!

22. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

Cool story, bro. Sorry your having troubles. It has always worked flawless for me from launch day onwards. Sorry about your luck. Swipe to unlock works of course I wasn't saying that it doesn't. Just seems way more clumsy and old school now.

23. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Just remember that how one "perceives" is not going to be like others. I prefer sticking with a pass code. What is great is Apple gives us choice!

Oh, and your story is "cool" too.

24. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

My wife has a 5s and I love the Touch ID, one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to when I get the six later this year. I'm really hoping they add it to the iPad. It's one of the reasons I stuck with my mini and skipped the Retina Mini.

25. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I just wish we could set the phone to use Touch ID but not require an unlock immediately. With Touch ID as Apple currently has it implemented, it's all or nothing.