Now I'm confused...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by techityboo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. techityboo macrumors newbie

So this morning I received this...

[​IMG]

But i have this this evening....

[​IMG]

And this....

[​IMG]

I suppose at face value this means I could either be getting a noPad, or a freePad.... :S

2. WARSTIN macrumors member

I got the same email earlier, i was charged twice 2 x £479 for my 32GB WIFI, so i presume it is to do with this, have you been charged more than once?

3. RelentlessFruit macrumors newbie

Nothing to worry about - its related to "Oops" messages during the pre-ordering madness:

See this thread

4. techityboo thread starter macrumors newbie

It's weird, nothing has come out of my account yet... Something I bought in an apple store did, but there are no transactions from apple for the iPad, and no 'funds in holding' or anything i.e. Balance matches available funds..

----------

Ahhhhh... didn't think to check the subject line for a reference to compare as it was obscured by my mail client.

Yeah i got quite a few of those Ooops messages though :p

Still doesn't explain why they haven't charged my account though - guess I still have that pleasure to come.

5. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Don't worry your card Will be charged this week for sure.

They only send a authorization for funds to your card when your pre-order then it drops off and you see nothing till like the day of or before you receive it.

Trust me ... its apple ... they'll get their money.

6. RowellE macrumors regular

RowellE

I had ordered mine on the 7th and everything went smoothly. I got a confirmation email and everything. Then I got an email from my bank saying there was suspicious activity and they put a hold on my card.

I guess the bank prevented Apple from charging me for the iPad because when I went back to the Apple site, it said that the charge didn't go through, which was weird because it didn't say anything when I initially made the order. I called the bank to unfreeze my card then updated my credit card info on Apple.com (just went into edit and clicked on save so that they can try authorizing again) and it went through.

It shows that I was charged for my AppleCare+ but still shows the iPad charge as pending which is weird because Apple already shipped it. Not sure why Apple hasn't charged me for the iPad yet.