Now I'm Getting Two iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chambo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. chambo macrumors newbie

So here is my story-after spending most of the 15th trying to purchase an iPhone on both the AT&T site and through the online Apple store it turns out I was successful purchasing both ways. I got the point of confirming my purchase on the AT&T web site but after clicking to complete the order, my browser became hung. Since I didn't receive a confirmation email within the next four hours, I thought I would give the Apple site a try around 7pm eastern and low and behold I was finally able to complete an order and get to an order complete screen! I'm all psyched and ready to go to the Apple store bright and early on the 24th to pick up my reserved phone. Then, this morning I receive an email from AT&T confirming my purchase with them.

The only thing is the AT&T email says my order was placed on 6/16. I've read that many people see the same date even though they ordered on 6/15.

Since I'm ordering my phone through my son's eligibility and plan to activate the iPhone on my number, would you go to the Apple store, and can they do the switch without a problem or would you wait for the AT&T delivery?

And....maybe, just maybe, I could be talked into giving my wife one of the iPhones if indeed I am able to go ahead and purchase both even though they are both ordered on the same number.

I have to say, this is twice now I've gone through the process of pre-ordering an iPhone (bought the 3G) and both times were very screwy. Seems like these two major technology companies could figure out a way to sell these babies without so much customer frustration and confusion!

2. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

Have it delivered. Because to perform an upgrade swap you have to call AT&T once the phone arrives to have the IMEI's swapped, etc. And if you went into the Apple Store they'd have to call AT&T and everything too, so wouldn't you rather just do it from the comfort of your home?

3. senrab macrumors member

This happened to me as well...just saw the e-mail from AT&T. However, the one from Apple is being shipped to me, I didn't do the store reservation. :mad: