Now, I'm Nervous About My Decision To Jailbreak...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Football1maniac, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

So, with the whole buzz of the 1.2 software update coming out tomorrow, I'm everything but relaxed. I remember the day I Jailbroke my iPod, and I remember reading that no matter what, these software updates cannot brick my iPod since I'm not messing with the Baseband (I think thats what it is) like the iPhone has, perpetually screwing up the iPhone. So, is this still correct?

And plus, I just read that Jailbreaking my iPod voids the warranty, but if I restore it or send it into Recovery Mode, would Apple still know? My decision to Jailbreak my iPod seemed like a grand 'ol idea at the time, I finally got an iPhone minus the phone.

But will I get screwed up like the iPhone owners and have a $400 paper weight?:confused::apple:

2. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

3. hachre macrumors 6502a

hachre

Don't worry. Even the ppl who had their baseband flashed were able to revert it.

There will always be a solution just give it a few days for ppl to come up with one.

I've tried upgrading my jailbroken 1.1.1 iPod Touch to 1.1.2 and here are my results:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=384274

4. solyd macrumors regular

Only the iPhone has basebands, the iPod Touch does not.
    Firmware 1.1.2 has been jailbroken, just that the public method has not been released yet. Probably coming in the following days.

5. shotgunfool macrumors newbie

jailbreaking is so unbelievably easy now i tried one of the first methods of jailbreaking got to step 3 and gave up i thought i had got a 269 pound brick but you just force a restore and then i just used the slovix method omg you dont even need a computer to do it you just need wifi and know how to type slovix.com/touchfree/jb on your ipod here is a link to the video i followed its so simple http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHPVhDfxT8

just go to the site said and then go and get a drink it will be done by the time u get back it will be done