Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

docc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Miami
Ok, this is weird.

When i make changes on my iPhone, contacts are updated immediately on my mac. When i make changes on my mac, i know that changes won't take place on my iPhone till 15 minutes which is the lowest sync interval.

I created a group for contacts on my mac and it has been half n hour and still no change on my iPhone. I've noticed a similar behavior before as well. If i add a new contact on my mac, my iphone does not get updated until i actually connect it via cable and sync it.

What's the deal here? Am i supposed to make some changes on my mac or my iPhone to get this working correctly? On my iPhone i've already setup my .mac account to sync contacts, email and calendar via push. Anything else i need to do?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Just to clarify. Changes to Mac are synced with MobileMe not Pushed to your phone. That is why changes would not hit you phone right away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.