Now my iTunes Password is TOAST

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ken987, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ken987 macrumors member

So...I look on the apple boards...I'm not alone...but no help either....so I am trying here.

After upgrading to 3.0 I can no longer log into my iTunes account on my phone. It keeps saying my password is invalid. Yet when I go on my computer and log into iTunes that same ID and password works just fine.

Anyone hear if this is a bug or what? I have a lot of money in that account from a gift card so I can't just open a new account.

2. lharvest macrumors regular

You really shouldn't be sharing your password with the entire forum...

...sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Call Apple and see what they can do for you.

3. ken987 thread starter macrumors member

LOL I think I just got it....
    I was saying TOAST as in its no good. My password which is not the word toast...is unuseable. I don't know what to do. Others on the apple boards have posted the same problem after the 3.0 upgrade and no one from Apple has responded. Who would I call about this problem? I didnt' see anything on support and Im worried I will be in a long line of callers anyway...

4. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

5. SouthMSMac macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem as you ken, guess I'm going to have to just monitor the threads today. Can't stay on hold at work so I hope someone figures out the fix for this. :confused:

6. ken987 thread starter macrumors member

And don't waste time changing your password. I use an old AOL account for iTunes so I went on to AOL and changed the password thinking...hahahahha but to no avail. Still does not work.

7. ViPa macrumors 6502a

i have had the same problem since 3.0b5 and i created a thread about it and got barely any responses..i still have the same problem today and it ****** SUCKS..i pretty much cant download apps unless im near my computer

i called apple twice and they had no idea what to do

8. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

im having the reverse problem. itunes on my comp wont work with my password, but iphone does. go figure... i tried rating and review the sirius app (not a good review) and when i entered my password it goes away and then comes right back. whatever...

9. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I'm having the same exact problem here!

This is a big issue, hope Apple issues a fix ASAP.

10. ken987 thread starter macrumors member

I have an iPod touch...so I pay the 10 bucks.....and yup....SAME problem. I am so frustrated. Neither one can access the iTunes store with the correct password. My account uses an AOL email address not the Apple ID. Does anyone know ...can you transfer a balance associated with the AOL email account to an Apple ID account? I have over $85 in this account so I can't just let it go...

11. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

My iPhone is ok -- but what's weird is I can't write reviews for any Apps from iTunes.

When I try, it asks me to log in, but refuses my password. I can log in to look at the billing info on my account though. Something's wrong here.

12. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

I have the same problem too when accessing the 'Store' settings. Everything else works fine including the App Store, mobile iTunes and desktop iTunes.

13. ViPa macrumors 6502a

14. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

15. ViPa macrumors 6502a

just spent an hour on the phone with apple..the issue is with 3.0 and AOL usernames..in order to solve this you have to contact apple and have them transfer it to an apple ID instead of an aol ID

16. trellisaze macrumors newbie

That makes sense, I was having the same issue with my AOL ID. Luckily I have another iTunes account from long ago with just an email (I guess that was an apple ID) so I updated my contact and billing info and now that one seems to work.

17. tester2006 macrumors newbie

Be careful. That may allow you to download new apps but your existing apps will no longer update if you use your new apple ID.

18. AlmostJosh macrumors 6502

AlmostJosh

19. oneals2focus macrumors regular

oneals2focus

I had the same problem, I just got on iTunes clicked "store" then "View My Account" then clicked "Forgot Password?" changed my password and everything has been working fine ever since. I'm sure after you change your password you should be able to change it back.

20. tester2006 macrumors newbie

The problem is isolated to users who were using the aol login information in itunes. Not just resetting your password if you have an apple id. It seems OS 3.0 on the ipod/iphone does not want to validate aol logins properly.

21. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Read my mind.