Now or in August

tyguy01234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
8
0
Ok so I have 2 paths that lead to 2 dilemmas:

Path 1:

I have been putting off buying a PB because I have been hopefully waiting for an update to come out soon in time for the school year. I start school in August so really I can wait out the summer and hope that buy August the update comes out. However if the update is not going to be in August then I am wasteing my time waiting because I could just be enjoying the laptop now (but again I do not NEED it so I can wait for an update, but if update does not come in August I might as well buy PB now and enjoy it). So should I wait, will there be an update before august or in august?


Path 2 (given the answer to path 1 is there will not be a PB update in time):

If there is going to be no update to the PB line before or at august I might as well buy a PB now and enjoy it except: will Apple have a back to school sale or are their educational discounts the only thing I get. So if there is going to be a sale then I will wait but this will be my 1st apple so I do not know the history of Apple's advertising campains.

Thank you for any and all advise
 

thehuncamunca

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2003
447
0
NJ
apple will be announcing their back to school special or whatever in the next few weeks
if the powerbooks are updated they'll probably be updated when the special is announced
i'd say wait till the announcement and then buy-you'll still have enough time before school starts

tyguy01234 said:
Ok so I have 2 paths that lead to 2 dilemmas:

Path 1:

I have been putting off buying a PB because I have been hopefully waiting for an update to come out soon in time for the school year. I start school in August so really I can wait out the summer and hope that buy August the update comes out. However if the update is not going to be in August then I am wasteing my time waiting because I could just be enjoying the laptop now (but again I do not NEED it so I can wait for an update, but if update does not come in August I might as well buy PB now and enjoy it). So should I wait, will there be an update before august or in august?


Path 2 (given the answer to path 1 is there will not be a PB update in time):

If there is going to be no update to the PB line before or at august I might as well buy a PB now and enjoy it except: will Apple have a back to school sale or are their educational discounts the only thing I get. So if there is going to be a sale then I will wait but this will be my 1st apple so I do not know the history of Apple's advertising campains.

Thank you for any and all advise
 

irok

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2005
9
0
back-to-school discounts sound like their trying to sell all their notebooks so that apple could start making new innovations :)

well.... thats how it was and still is.. and will be