iPad mini Now or Wait

Discussion in 'iPad' started by matixryder, Jul 19, 2013.

1. matixryder macrumors member

I am in market for a new mini iPad. My question is should I pull the trigger now or wait a little longer for new version. Thank! :):)

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Answer this question to get your answer. Do you need one now or can you wait?

3. matixryder thread starter macrumors member

I don't need it now. I can wait still the end of September.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

This is the time of year when the new tablets get announced. The Nexus tablets should get announced any day now. Amazon will probably follow in the next 1-2 months and Apple will probably announce their refresh shortly.

If the new leaked photos ( edge to edge display ) of the mini are true, I may get one.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Seems like you answered your own question.

6. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

The rumors are that the new Mini will be released anywhere from October of this year at earliest, to early 2014 at latest. But they're just rumors - it could be earlier, it could be later.

Aside from asking yourself if you can wait, also consider what you want from the Mini. Is the current hardware and screen good enough for you? If not, would you be willing to sell the current model and take a small hit to upgrade when the new one comes out?

I have the current model. I use it professionally and feel that a retina display and faster hardware are critical, but having the current Mini is far better than having no Mini. I wanted to wait, but couldn't, hence I'll be playing the "sell and upgrade" game. You do what you need to do.

7. PennCentralFan macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

Dude there is always going to be an updated version of the ipad mini. Unless you have the money to get a new one every time get one when you want one.

For every apple product you can play the waiting game and by using the wait for an update logic you will never have one.

8. matixryder thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I just want to know if the update is close enough. Because it is not a cheap investment to me. :)

9. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

If I had a dollar for every time I heard these types of threads...

10. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Ditto....Can't believe some need hand holding. :D

11. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Investment? Electronics are not investments. ;)

12. matixryder thread starter macrumors member

Hehe. To me put so much money into one thing is a kind of investment. Anyway, I got a 32gb Ipad Mini with 2.5GB Data Plan. Thank you guys for all feedbacks. This thing is beautiful :D

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie