Now or wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by odnom, May 17, 2010.

  1. odnom macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 17, 2010
    #1
    I am planning on buying an Imac 27" quad core. But I don't wanna spend the $2000 on it if Its gonna be outdone by the 2010 models when they come out for similar pricing. So my question is, should I spend the $2000 soon on the I mac, or should I wait and see the 2010 models? I also don't want to have my $2000 not be able to get a good 2010 Imac model. Im afraid that the higher end Imac will more then $2000 and I won't be able to get a late 09 model anymore. So what are your opinions?

    edit- comparing previous years, has the newer models of the Imac been better for more priced or around the same price as their old high end model?
     
  2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #2
    When the new models come out, the current ones will be sold off in the refurb store at a discount. If you don't need one now, wait until the new ones come out and make your mind up if the difference is worth it then.
     
  3. odnom thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 17, 2010
    #3
    Id prefer not to get refurbished, but I am gonna be most likely buying it in July, so il see by then.
     
  4. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2010
    #4
    I'm in the same situation. My wife gave me approval to purchase iMac 27" / I5 model. It's a huge financial reach for us (as well) but I did get her approval for future iMac purchase. For a while, I've been reading that iMacs may get graphic card update in Sept. Sept -> Nov range. But definate minor upgrade before Christmas sales. Thus, I'm holding off until then. Hopefully, some of its yellow tint and HD noise issues will be reduced by then as well... For me, I'm holding off. And, trying to squeeze 6 more months out of current "slow dog" Win XP tower. As they say, "good things come to those who wait....".
     
  5. odnom thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 17, 2010
    #5
    I would love to get one now, but I think I can wait until end of the year if I have to, it will give me time to save for the high end 2010 model, Im in school now so money is tighter
     

Share This Page