"Now Playing" button gone / no option to return to video?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Blueline29, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned elsewhere; I searched but couldn't find it. I'm wondering what happened to the Now Playing button that used to be in the upper right corner of the iPod screen if, say, you had to exit it to use the camera or something along those lines. It's not something that comes up terribly often, but if a video happens to be part of a playlist and I switch to using the camera and then, when I'm done, click the iPod icon, all I get is the main screen that lists the songs in the playlist with no option to go back to what I'd been watching right before. On my 3GS with 3.1.2, if I clicked iPod right after using the camera, it'd go immediately back to where it left off in the video I'd been watching. Is this a bug or something that's been done away with in iOS 4 or am I just an idiot and haven't set some setting or other to enable it? I restored from backup when setting up my phone yesterday and all other settings stayed the same as they were on my 3GS, but maybe there's something I've overlooked.

2. Blueline29 thread starter macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Bumping in case anyone might have come up with any ideas or wouldn't mind testing on their devices to see if it is indeed a widespread issue. I also just tested it with a song by pausing the song, leaving the iPod app, using the camera app, then going back into the iPod app, and it went right back to the same spot in the song like normal. It only appears to be videos that are affected, at least so far. Really freaking annoying, though.

3. countach macrumors regular

I changed my language to French then back to English and it reappeared.