(Now Possible!)iphone/ipod touch has External HD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFanaddic, Nov 28, 2008.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Dear iPhone and iPod touch owners! I just want to let everyone that we can now enable disk use on our devices. To achieve this you need to download an application called "Diskaid" which is a freeware. You'll be happy to know that there is a version for both PC and MAC.

DiskAid is a Freeware, 100% free of charge
    PC Windows & Mac OSX compatibility
    Supports iPhone 1, 3G and all iPod Touch
    Auto detection feature, just plugin it in !
    Copy Files & Folders between your iPhone or iPod Touch and your Computer
    Files & Folders Browser
    Drag & Drop
    Features rich file organization including folder creation, renaming... etc.
    No jailbreak needed
    Supported firmware versions : 1.1.1 to 2.2

Here's the link! http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

Am I gonna get bitched at if I post this in the iPod touch section as well?

2. mxptt macrumors member

3. Kevlar macrumors 6502

There are a ton of iPhone/Touch apps that let you turn your iphone into a wireless harddrive. And with them you can actually view the files when they are on the iPhone/Touch.

You mount the phone as a harddrive, and you can copy over whatever files/folders you want. Airsharing is the one I can think of off the top of my head, but there are at least 5-10 of them out there. Guess this would be quicker but since you can't view them on the phone this way less practical, except for transport from one computer to another.

4. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

ive tried it and you can get your music off your iphone onto your pc and vica versa but, i tried putting music onto my phone, it copied it from my pc to the iphone but when i looked for it in my iphone it wasnt there?

Am i doing something wrong?

there is also a FAQ on thier website and heres a question that was asked

Why I don't have an access to the Root Folder of my iPhone or iPod Touch ? Only the "Media Folder" is available.
    To access to the entire filesystem of you device, you need a jailbroken device. If not, only the "media folder" is available.

Does that mean with a jailbroken phone it will be easy to change the sms ringtones do you think, anyone with a jailbroken iphone wanna try?