Now should I keep my MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kim6ball, Jun 8, 2009.

1. kim6ball macrumors member

I asked this in another thread but given what happened to the MacBooks today Should I keep my 2.0 MacBook?
    Even with the return fee I think I'll still come out ahead a couple bucks if I return it...plus I would get all the extra stuff that was added today.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's up to you with the restock fee. I'd try to see if you can at least get a small refund back given the update or a discount on the updated model.

3. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Well if it still does everything you need, why trade it in? You will still have to pay a re stocking fee. The only way I would tell you to trade it in, is if you can get the new macbook and get some money back. If you have to pay any more money to upgrade to the new one, I would advise against it.

4. kim6ball thread starter macrumors member

I would get 25 dollars back if i return it and thats including the return fee.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Is that worth your time and effort? Make a Time Machine backup first of course before returning.

I'd do it to be honest.

6. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

7. kim6ball thread starter macrumors member

Do you think the extra processing speed, backlight keyboard, longer battery life, and extra ports are worth it?

8. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

Is that even a question ? yes yes yes it worth it

9. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

If they were not worth it then what is the point in a computer? What would be the point in technology then if everything new that comes out, if you wait it out for too long and it is considered not worth it.

10. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

hahah. yeah dude. do you think the faster computer with more features is worth it?

11. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

And dont forget it cheaper :D

12. molala macrumors 6502a

It's a no-brainer for me, return it. In addition to the added/upgraded features already mentioned, the screen is supposed to be better too.

13. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

14. justin6609 macrumors newbie

I have a question (i didn't want to start a brand new thread about the trend of returning the alum macbooks), because of wwdc today, I'm definitely attracted to the new macbooks (what with their illuminated keyboard, faster processing speed and improved screen), so i'm considering selling my current macbook on ebay. Is it legal to do that? and how would I wipe all of my current information off of the macbook before i ship it, assuming it sells?

and just a note to any naysayers, I'm not doing this just because I can, I appreciate my current macbook and believe its great, however as my current macbook is still new, I would like to sell it for maximum value.

Thanks for the help in advance. :)

15. molala macrumors 6502a

Of course, it's legal. It's your MacBook, you can sell it or do whatever you want! There are secure options to reformat the drive, boot from the original DVD and run"drive set up" (or a program named like that).

16. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I would return 25 dollars is 25 dollars. Save it for your Snow Leopard update :D

17. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

25 for the latest an greatest. I would in a heart beat!!!

18. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

19. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Go return it. Wait for Snow Leopard to come out, upgrade for $29, you'll end up paying an extra $4 over a time span of three months for a laptop with better features and SL. Seems good to me. I would if I was in the same boat no doubt.

20. kim6ball thread starter macrumors member

If I dont return it Apple will give the difference which is 150 (150 because of student pricing) If I do I'll walk out of the store with 25 bucks (125 return fee).

21. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502