Now that AT&T stores won't get iPhone 4 until 29th...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSkier, Jun 23, 2010.

1. iSkier macrumors regular

I read on MacRumors that AT&T won't have the iPhone 4 until Tuesday, which is good for me since I'm on a trip. What are the chances that I can go into my local AT&T store on Tuesday and get one? (Note: I live in a pretty small town).

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Slim to None.

honestly though, none of us have any idea, only AT&T knows for sure.

3. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

Depends on how busy you think the store is going to be... call the store and check to see if they got a bunch of pre orders, No one here will be able to give you a right or wrong answer.

4. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

Well my AT&T store in Springfield, IL is getting some iPhones tomorrow. They just don't know when or how many. No 32gb versions though ( which is what I pre ordered).

They called me about an hour ago and told me they were not getting in any 32gb and they wont have my pre order tomorrow. I told them I wanted to switch to the 16gb and since I was the 3rd person to pre order at this store I figured I should be 3rd in line to get a 16gb. The sales person said that if I switched to a 16gb I would be placed at the end of the wait list. I talked to the manager and he seemed to be a bit more accommodating, but he could just be placating me as well.

In the end he said he would call me when they get them in so hopefully it all works out in the end sometime tomorrow. I have a friend that used to work at this store and is working at another one in town tomorrow and he is supposed to let me know when they get their phones so I will at least have a good idea of when the store I have my pre order at gets theirs.

Am I out of line thinking I should be third in line for either a 16gb or 32gb since the 32gb I pre ordered won't be there tomorrow? I would have gladly ordered a 16gb if I knew that was all they would be getting tomorrow.

Bah...end rant.:eek:

5. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Spoke to an AT&T regional rep that manages 15 stores in Texas, he indicated his 15 stores got an average of 5 each for walk-ins on the 29th. He's shifting some inventory from small stores to large among that batch.

He also indicated that he's been told to expect an additional 20 per store within a week of the 29th.