Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone going caseless now that the iPhone 5 is just about here?

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
The new iPhone should be announced June 11th at the Apple Developer's Conference in San Franciso. Should be intersting, wondering about the rumored 4" screen and aluminum back, which unfortunately will make all current cases unusable.

Chartreuse

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2012
I just got my phone a few months ago so I'm still using the one case I have. I'm kind of hoping that cases/back plates I've had my eye on will drop in price/become more available if people sell them. Did that happen to 3gs accessories when the 4 came out? Or is there really no difference since the 4s won't be fully discontinued.

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
Been case-less since I got the 4S. It will stay case-less until I sell it for $350. It's flawless, no scratches.

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
I have had all iPhones Gens. an all have been used case less and have had no issues selling the ones I have sold.
Current 4S is Case less as will the next iPhone.
But everybody is different so if you like and feel more comfortable with a case then use one if not then don't.

Fouracre44

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2012
I'm happy with my iphone 4s, until my contract runs out and I'm elligble for an upgrade or optus offer me an early upgrade I'll stick with my cased iphone 4s.

When I get a 5, the iphone 4s will remain in it's case and in a desk drawer as a spare, with a prepaid sim card.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Mine is kind of "naked" anyway. Protective films on the front and back then an Apple bumper. The bumper is just for convenience sake, it helps me grip the phone easier.

Won't be removing any of it, there would be no point.

Also the next iPhone is roughly 4 months away (assuming Apple keep the 4S as their flagship for a complete year), it's a long time to go completely case-less.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
The new iPhone should be announced June 11th at the Apple Developer's Conference in San Franciso. Should be intersting, wondering about the rumored 4" screen and aluminum back, which unfortunately will make all current cases unusable.
No.

Not til October. WWDC will be focused on software developers. There *might* be Mac hardware updates.

----------

If they go titanium then no need to worry.. :D
The stainless steel they use now is plenty strong.

It's the glass front/back exposed corners.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I've never dropped my iPhone ever until the moment I put it in my Element case. I've dropped it twice since from a significant height with no damage. My iPhone 4 is barely holding on as is, won't be going caseless anytime soon.

maniacphoner

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
I have dropped my phone so many times, I can't have it naked ever. Need that protection all around, but a few of my friends do have it all naked and it sure looks good.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
SGP carbon fiber backing on mine with lucky labs black glossy decal strips to add grip on my iPhone 4.

Done the bumper/case thing and moved on.

I would like to bet the 3rd party case manufacturers are awaiting with bated breath to start making some new £/$ ! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.