Now that MMS is out, how will you send pics?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayLenochiniMac, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Now that MMS is out, how will you send pics?

1. Via email and our technologically backward friends can wait until they get home to view them

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. I'm switching over to MMS so everyone can see the pics on their phones

24 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Via email to iPhone/BB users and via MMS to everyone else

24 vote(s)
    28.2%
  4. This is a stupid poll and go work on your interview with President Obama

14 vote(s)
    16.5%
  1. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You know we iPhone users have this invention called email. Are you going to continue to send pics the same old way or switching over to MMS to cater to our technologically backward friends?

2. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

MMS 100% of the time. I've never liked sending photos by email.

3. TylerSmash macrumors newbie

Technologically backward?
    MMS is basically the exact same as Emailing, but only easier. :]

4. milani macrumors 68000

milani

^ Not at all, but ok.

I will still email. I don't really send around pictures anyway, so the MMS thing was never a big deal to me. All new smart phones have email anyway, so I don't see MMS being of any practical use whatsoever. Still, people will stop complaining about it not being there, so that will be nice!

5. garethjs macrumors 6502a

I'm not going to send MMS. But I'm sure I'm going to receive a whole lot from people who do not know email exist yet.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If clicking on "photos" gives me both the options of e-mail and MMS, I would probably just use MMS as it prevents me from having to figure out who is on what carrier and what their "email" address would be IE: 555-555-5555@vzwpix.net. However, if I have to start some random ass way of sending an MMS then I venture to guess I'd use e-mail.

7. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

Depends who I am sending a pic to. But most of my mates use mms over email.

8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

It will depend on what I'm sending the picture to. I'll MMS all pics to phones but sometimes I do send pics to peoples email so they can have it on their computer. But mostly MMS.

9. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure yet.. I guess whichever way catches my fancy at the time.. :D

I would say depending on the photo.. Some stupid photo's I will send MMS, but other photo's I will probably send e-mail.. I have to see which one I like using best...

James

10. aok1975 macrumors 6502

It all depends on the situation.

If the reciepient does not have a smart phone with data plan, and I want them to view the pic immidiately, obviously MMS is the way to.

If I dont care when they view the picture (say when they get home) I will use email.

See, MMS and Email have their different roles. There are not enough smart phones with data plans for email to dominate. Most people still have regular phones.

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Same here. The person I send the most pics to is my wife, so I would prefer to use SMS/MMS if possible. When I email/text her, she always just hits Reply and doesn't actually pay attention to where the message is going. Since she uses a Japanese keitai, she usually sends messages with emoji, but since I use MobileMe for my email I can't see them. Keeping it all SMS/MMS would take care of the problem.

12. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I'll use MMS only if it's at exactly no extra cost to me.

13. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

lets see big picture, or small picture that I can't see? hmmmm...

I'm sure I might MMS someone who wants something, but I would prefer email. :rolleyes:

:apple:

14. ptsube macrumors 6502

15. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

If I'm sending a pic from my phone, chances are it means I want the person to see it right away, and not when they check their email. So yes, I will use MMS a lot more often than emailing for pics.

For example, yesterday afternoon I ran into a minor celebrity (Spenny, from Kenny vs. Spenny) at the bar. I got a picture with my phone, and MMS would have been perfect because I wanted to send it to fans of the show for them to see ASAP. Without MMS, you lose the spontaneity of the moment.

16. milani macrumors 68000

milani

This is a good point, although push email will soon be ubiquitous, which will solve that problem.

17. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Actually, that's not the point of this topic.

I will be using MMS 100% of the time. The only reason I send pix from my iPhone is to other phones.

18. aok1975 macrumors 6502

no it wont because most people still dont have email on their phones.

19. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Show me a new smart- or "semi-smart" phone that doesn't have email.

20. ptsube macrumors 6502

Oh, I was just being logical.

21. LinMac macrumors 65816

That is complete bullpucky. :D

The Motorola Razr has supported IMAP email since the V3 and works exceptionally well for a "dumb" phone.

Do people enable it? Maybe not, but they do have email supported by their phones. Even lower end Nokia phones typically have quite functional email clients built into them.

I don't like MMS because of the fees, but if it doesn't cost any extra then I'll use it for people too stupid to set their phones up for email or too cheap to have any data services.

22. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

E-Mail.

If they don't have e-mail on their phone, they probably have a tiny, crummy screen. I wouldn't want them to see my picture until they get to a computer where they can actually SEE what I've sent them.

For example, my wife still has a RAZR. I'd rather she actually SEE the photo an hour from now than see something that kind of looks like my photo this exact instant.

23. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

I would tell you to work on your interview if you were actually Jay Leno..

24. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Exactly. You have to look hard to find new phones without email capabilities, and that doesn't mean that the technology isn't moving in that direction. I'm actually quite surprised Apple even bothered to implement MMS at all. It's sort of like IE support for web developers, sooner or later you just have to say screw it.

25. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Oh, you're back. Still think there will be no new iPhone in 2009?