Now that new MBP are out, discount on previous generation??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Shanewilliams, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Now that the new mbp are out, when will apple list the remaining stock of the previous generation on there site? Is this something they normally do or do they try to sell to retailers? I was just in the market for a 13in mbp so not enough changes for me to have to have a new one. The previous generation will suit me just fine!

2. belvdr macrumors 603

Go to store.apple.com and check out the Clearance Items (very bottom on left). If they have any stock left, this would be the place to find out. I should also add the refurbs of the previous generation went down in price too. For example, the 13" 2.26 was $999 and is now $849.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. Shanewilliams thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I guess I missed out on the $849 13 MBP. I looked at it the other day at $999 but at $849 there wouldve been no thinking!

5. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

I have never seen the 13" MBP for $849, previously or today; only the white Macbook. I, too, would jump on that!

6. Atken macrumors member

From what I can tell, the older refurbished models haven't been reduced in price at all. The base level 13" pro wasn't anyway. As of about 7:30am PDT it's still showing as $999

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB990LL/A

7. duky macrumors 6502

Generally take a day or two to update with new pricing. So we should see prices change fairly soon--maybe not today

8. Silverstring macrumors member

I was thinking of going down to the Apple Store today and picking up one of the previous model 2.53 13'' MBPs, non-refurb EOL. I had my eye on the 2.53 13 for awhile, then got caught up in waiting.

I had my friend who works there check for me, and the 13'' 2.53 is only $100 off, making it $1399!

At that price, I decided to instead give up the .13 in processor speed, and just pick up the new entry level 2.4, which has a better battery, better GPU, same RAM and same screen, for $200 cheaper! Don't think I'll miss the .13.

Now I can spend that extra toward a cinema display or the upcoming iPhone!

9. Shanewilliams thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, the prices will drop in the apple store as well on previous models? Or will you have to get it online??

10. Silverstring macrumors member

The leftover previous generation (new, NOT refrubished) models in the Apple Stores get EOL-End of Life pricing discounts, but it's limited to stock on hand. My friend says it's about $100 for all models, which, is not compelling enough for me to pass up on the improvements of the new generation.

The refurbs that will pop up on the online stores will have much more compelling refurb + EOL pricing. If I was getting an older model, I'd definitely go refurb.

11. Shanewilliams thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks! That's the answer I was looking for! As I mentioned I've been lookig at the 13in MBP that they had priced at $999 for the refurb. Someone posted that it'd been $849 recently but I haven't seen that... Yet. I've only seen the MacBook and I'm personally not a fan of the case so I'm just going to hold out and maybe, just maybe the $999 refurb MBP will drop to around $850......