Now that the Keynote is over, does this mean no update on external monitors

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SandersHokie, Jun 12, 2007.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

for apple? I'm still thinking about getting an external monitor from apple for my MBP C2D, but was going to wait until after the keynote incase they were going to update them. any idea if they still are?

thanks.

2. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

A few people suggested that price drops are classified as upgrades for displays. That wasn't too long ago.

3. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

gotcha. any idea on how soon the upgrades may be? I could wait another month, but I don't want to wait until November or December.

4. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Statistically, the ACDs are refreshed every 7 - 8 months or so. If you take the price drop in April as a refresh, that means we'll probably see new ACDs in December. If you don't see it that way, then we're overdue for an update by about two months.

These are statistics only, and I got the numbers from the Buyers Guide. So, if you're waiting for another refresh, statistically it's either coming any day now, or closer to 2008.

5. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

or not at all :D

6. jasonbrennan macrumors member

I would say hopefully before the end of the summer we will have new ones. They are long overdue. I mean, this model has been around since August 2004 I believe. Yeah, the specs have been updated a little bit (better contrast) and the prices have dropped, but I think we should see new ones very soon. I was hoping for them to come at WWDC, but now I would say by the end of the summer. I'm holding out until then!

7. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Do you think they will ever add a glossy option to the Cinema Displays?

8. milky23 macrumors regular

It almost certain that they will not. In my opinion, the ACD is a professional display and it seems that there wouldn't be much of a point adding glossy to the lineup.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

What they need to do is add HDCP support to the displays. Seems pointless to buy a display without HDCP so you wont be able to use it when macs get blu-ray drives.

10. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

LED desktop displays currently cost $4000.

Do you have $4000 currently?

That answers your question. And if you think Apple will be cheaper than the competition... LoL keep thinking that way.

11. fairnymph macrumors 6502

fairnymph

At this point, I don't think we will see new ACDs until LED backlit panels drop alot in price.