Now that the phone's been out for a while...(Upgrade Swap)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VTAb182, Jul 4, 2010.

1. VTAb182 macrumors regular

When AT&T pulls my name out of their order hat and decides to ship me my iphone 4, I will be doing an upgrade swap because I ordered on a different line in the family plan. Around when the phone first came out people were trying numerous different ways to do an upgrade swap. Has this settled down yet into a definitive way of doing an upgrade swap, or is it still a try-stuff-till-it-works kinda deal?

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I called when i got it a day early, requested an upgrade swap over the phone and they did it in under 10 mins...

3. VTAb182 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you still have the number you called?

4. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Call your local AT&T store.

5. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Personally, I had to purchase a new microSIM when I did an upgrade swap at the Apple Store. They had plenty of regular SIMS, so they just gave me one for free. They activated the phone on the number eligible, called AT&T, activated the new regular/microSIM, & I was on my way out in under ten minutes. Not sure how it would go if you are getting it delivered home.

Piece of advice to anyone doing an upgrade swap in the Apple Store: Be sure to purchase a microSIM beforehand. Launch day they had absolutely NONE at my local store, & thankfully, I bought one a couple of days earlier just in case. People were trying to buy it from me for up to $60.00 because they didn't want to leave without their phones working. :p

6. lifegoe5on macrumors newbie

1-800-331-0500 call this number and make sure u have the imei and sim car number ready... it will take about 10 min.