Now that wsj says so...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supermac96, Jan 9, 2011.

?

If the Verizon Iphone releases on the 11th, when do you think it will become availabl

1. The day it's announced

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Sometime within the following week of the announcement

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. between the 18th and the end of this month

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Sometime in February

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  5. It'll take a while

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

So I know how many Verizon Iphone threads there are but now that there is real evidence its actually happening I have a question. If it IS announced on the 11th does anyone have I guess about when it will actually be available? I know people are going to say "no one knows" but some people must have a guess on when it might be based on knowledge of hat apple has done in the past. Oh also when the Ipad went to verizon when was it announced and when did it actually start? the verizon iphone could follow the same pattern.

2. stewart715 macrumors 6502

I don't see how it would take any longer than a few weeks. Correct me if I'm wrong but anytime the iPhone has been announced for another carrier, it took only 3-4 weeks at maximum to release it.

It wouldn't make sense to wait until June to release an iPhone 5 for Verizon (if thats when iPhone 5 is going to be released). It doesn't matter that AT&T customers have an extra 6 months to enjoy iPhone 4 before purchasing iPhone 5. Regardless, many, believe it or not, will buy iPhone 4 right when it comes out for Verizon and then iPhone 5 right when it comes out. Even if it came out a year after the Verizon release, no Verizon customer would be eligible for a reduced price upgrade anyways.

Bottom line, Apple and Verizon want this thing out ASAP. They don't care about lining up model releases with AT&T.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

IMO ... same day ... Verizon has been waiting for this day for quite a while :cool:

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Nah...Apple loves news stories of people lined up a 5 AM outside stores.

No way to do that if it's the same day.

I say within a week or so.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I will not be happy unless I see video of Verizon buyers lined up and freezing their asses off. :D