Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Never, because Apple decided to hold out on some of the new BT features for the 2G, even though it's technically perfectly capable of AD2P. :(

camarobh

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
Every day, mostly for audio podcast and audio book listening while walking. I am disappointed, however, with the drop outs. Some days it works perfectly, other days it drops out far too much. I have used two different headphones, tried turning off wi-fi, and generally get the same results. Indoors is usually better than outdoors, but it drops in either case at some point.

It's a great technology, but it doesn't work as well as I would expect it to.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Just about every morning. I listen to tunes or podcasts while I walk the dog. A few other times for calls, but typically just to listen to tunes while walking or mowing the lawn.

Steve

cupofjoe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
That's funny because I just bought my first pair from Woot,com myself. They were only $20 so I figured, "What the heck?"

They're Lubix NC-1 and for the price they're great. My only complaints are
  1. The earbud is a touch large for my ears. I have to twist em a bit to get em to stay in, and I don't think they'd ever be good for running.
  2. Bass response is a bit week, but what do you expect for $20?

Now I hope the 3.1 update enables the track skip function as well.

3.1 does enable AVRCP, I do believe.

The earbuds are too large for me as well, (I purchased them too), but there is a solution someone on the woot forums gave -

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-1202-EarGels-Clear/dp/B00004WINT/ref=pd_cp_cps_3

I might get these if they improve it that much. :)

Quick question, does anyone else have issues with the Lubix NC-1 headset as far as attracting like a static like sound with some 'harder' rock music? Might be the same bass problem you're detecting, but my ears are sensitive and annoyed by it. lol

To the original question, I use A2DP everyday.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Everyday, could not wait for BT. I can't stand being tethered to a device. Once you go cordless its hard to go back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.