Now that you see it in person, are you still pissed about the protruding camera ring?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerstrokin, Sep 21, 2014.

?

Does the protruding camera ring bother you now?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

If I were to only listen to what everyone said and not witness this camera ring in person on my own phone, I'd believe it was sticking out six full inches. I was pleasantly surprised to see just how LITTLE it sticks out and quite amazed at how thin this phone really is.

I'm using a very thin clear case that's still thicker than the camera ring. Even without a case, it's not even a big enough issue to say 'it's not a big deal'... it's just a little tiny ring.

People said it would get caught on things, etc. Unless someone is wearing one of those vacuum sealed latex sex suit things, I can't imagine this ring getting caught on anything at all.

LOVE the new iPhones!

2. wxman2003 Suspended

What? A smartphone with a protruding camera? Shocking. Quite common.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that it doesn't stick out much at all

4. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

5. ALWash83 macrumors newbie

I put a case on my phone & I don't even notice the protruding lens.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm worried about it a minor amount, mainly because my case came and WOW is it thin. But if the case makes it flush, I don't care. I don't even use my MacBook Air without a case now after knicking it a little bit within a month.

7. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

It's hardly noticeable to me with or without a case. And the Apple leather case which is quite thin sticks out about three times the distance of the lens from the casing.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I was also expecting it to stick out more. Doesn't bother me at all.

9. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

After using the Spigen bumper I have decided to go naked. So the camera is very annoying.

10. skidbubble macrumors 6502

Yes. I prefer my phone to rest flat on a surface. This camera sticks out and the phone wobbles like a chair with one leg shorter than the other three.

11. sjperformance macrumors 6502

12. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

i like it, it looks like a feature to me.. it looks so sleek with the metal body colored trim.

13. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I kinda thought that it would stick out as much as the iPod touch's camera. I was surprised that it actually stuck out less. I love it and it doesn't bother me one bit.

14. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I don't like it and I don't like the fact that it rocks a bit when tapped on while flat on a table. However, I discovered the iPhone 6 Plus is basically unusable (or way too dangerous) without a case, so I went out and got the Apple leather case. Now the lens is flush or even a little recessed, it looks clean and is a non-issue. Maybe Apple just assumed everyone was going to need a case anyway and figured it wouldn't be a problem.

15. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I'd prefer it to be flush with the back of the iPhone, naturally, but when I first took my phone out of the box I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't stick out quite as badly as I was expecting it to from looking at the images online.