Now THAT'S a long phone call!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Small White Car, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I got my iPhone 4 around 9 AM on Thursday. It's now 5 PM Monday. So I've had my phone for 4 days and 8 hours.

I decided to look at the phone's stats and I see this:

[​IMG]

Wow. I sure don't remember talking on the phone non-stop since I got it! Although, to be fair, I don't know what I do while I'm asleep. Perhaps I'm actually calling people all night.

I also doubt the "5.7 GB Received" number since I've never used more than 1 GB in a month before. Kind of makes me wonder how I'd jump from my average of 33 MB a day to 1266 MB per day without doing anything different.

Anyone else have this bug too? The whole stats page seems to be F-ed up.

2. chromey macrumors member

Did you restore it from a previous phone's backup?

3. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Did you restore from back-up when you got the phone?

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the data is the lifetime data use of the phone account)...not monthly

5. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Who is Tyler Durden??

6. Small White Car thread starter macrumors G4

Small White Car

I did. Good call.

But I'm really suspicious of the fact that it's the EXACT amount of time since I've had my phone.

I mean, if you're right and that's all it is then I'll know in an hour when it hasn't changed! :D

But what an amazing coincidence that it was at 104 hours and I decided to look at it exactly 104 hours after activating my phone. What are the odds??

7. Small White Car thread starter macrumors G4

Small White Car

Thanks. Yeah, I hadn't considered the backup being the cause of that. I now consider the data-mystery solved.

But I'm still freaked out by the 104 voice hours coincidence.

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Gotta be a restore from backup. My numbers are screwy too and I restored from backup. My total call time (both current period and Lifetime) are both longer than I've had my iphone 4 so it's clearly including the usage from my 3GS. Same with the data as well. Doesn't affect anything though so I'm not worried about it.