Now that's a Phone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSaint, Jul 27, 2007.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

2. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

the more realistic ending to that joke...

"Actually, you can either surf the web OR listen to music. If you try to do both, everything crashes."

In fairness, this has not happened to me...I just found it ironic that they picked the two things for this joke that people have mentioned as problems when working at the same time.

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Ha! very funny!

If it did all that, I'd actually consider buying one!

4. fart macrumors regular

just wait until the software update. I'm so sick and tired of people Poo-Pooing the iPhone, it's essentially a beta version of the phone. I mean, papa Jobs said himself that the real genius behind the phone is the ability for added functionality via software.

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

So you approve of companies releasing unfinished, beta products and selling them as fully functional and tested devices?

6. Horseface macrumors newbie

:confused:

That's just not funny. At all. It's like something that would spew out of the mouth of an overweight sports fan. At a barbecue. While drinking Budweiser. That he carried in the back of his pickup.

7. beate macrumors regular

With that spin, you should go into politics...

8. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Oh, I am politics...:cool:

9. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

*insert obvious Microsoft joke here*

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

:confused: To misquote Princess Bride, I don't think that last phrase means what you think it means.

Every smartphone can add functionality via software. In fact, most others can even do it without (gasp) having to hack behind the manufacturer's back.

What Jobs was trying to tell us, is that the iPhone wouldn't be finished for launch ;)

No, seriously, I keep seeing people confused by his software statement. What he was talking about was that they could change what buttons the device had, simply by drawing different ones on the screen.

11. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, if the software update reduces the $60 a month rates for phone service, then I'll probably consider it.

I'm just not enough of a phone user to justify that kind of expense for phone service. I spend about $100 a year on my current cell phone.

12. 103734 Guest

$100 a year!?! Do you talk to anyone with it? I dont konw of a plan less than 9 buck a month and thats only if your part of a family plan. Unless you are using prepaid

Im saving money on my iPhone, I used to pay close to 80 bucks a month for my plan, now im paying $30 a month. (9 for family plan + 20 for iphone plan)

13. fart macrumors regular

Wow guys, I was just making a joke that the iPhone could add beer dispensing fuctionality via software. Guess I should add the </sarcasm> tag next time.

14. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

15. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

That's because outside of these small online groups the average iPhone owner is not having this experience. In fact, outside this group, no one I know has these problems..Must be luck of the draw.

16. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Absolutley!!
    Would you rather be at the leading edge or the trailing edge of life?

17. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

That hasn't happened to me either, and I have loved surfing while listening to music. Now surfing via wi-fi while on the phone is a different story worthy of another thread.

18. carman63 macrumors regular

If by 'approval' you mean purchasing a product pre-loaded with beta software (i.e., Windows, Vista, etc) then I'd say 90% of the population is guilty of that.

19. Noumenon macrumors regular

exactly , comic strips are then lowest form of comedy. (except for larson of course). I sometimes check the news paper strips just to be stunned at the lack of effort put into them.

20. anlance macrumors newbie

yeah your so much better then him bringing your wine via BMW to your party location where no sports are watched or enjoyed.....

rock on yuppy:cool:

21. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

What's wrong with BBQ, or Budweiser, or Pickup Trucks? Or even all 3 together? (aside from the obvious eating/drinking while driving)

That comic strip is about as funny as something that would appear in newspaper comics. I would estimate the odds that a newspaper comic strip has a worthwhile joke to be roughly 1/150.